Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering Wheel help

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Tx Scar, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Tx Scar

Tx Scar New Member

2. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

You will need to make a custom adapter for that. I have one for a Momo wheel that I don't need and can sell but you would have to buy a Momo wheel.

Keep in mind that if you street drive the car with that wheel, you insurance company will not be very happy should you ever be in a wreck. Not to mention that you will not be as safe with that vs the stock wheel with the air bag.

Markstang likes this.
  3. Tx Scar

Tx Scar New Member

You're also talking to someone who bought the mustang from a wreck recently. 94 3/4 ton chevy ext. 350 auto got t-boned at a intersection by a 07 bmw-i doing over 50 mph's and we was only going 35 mph. Hit us and caused the truck to slide a little in the rear that hit the median curb in the middle of the road and caused the whole truck to go into a barrel role in the air! :p Needless to say, only got x amount of money so I bought the mustang with it. Oh, without the airbag steering wheel also means it wont pass inspection where we're at. The truck had no air bag system in it and no broken bones after all said and done, if I had a airbag in my truck when that happened, would had knocked my hands off the steering wheel and caused me more damage to my being versus no airbag.

4. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

In that particular collision the airbag might have caused more harm than good. That doesn't make a good enough reason in my book to delete it when you may, in the future, run into another situation(no pun intended) where the airbag saves you from some serious damage. My advice, take it or leave it, is keep the airbag and stock steering wheel unless you're making a dedicated race car that won't be street driven.

5. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

If you do insist on getting an aftermarket wheel, I would stick to the name brands (really not that much more than the autozone special). The quality is much higher and they will have the right adapters for your car. Momo has the best bang for the buck in my opinion.