Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stop The Racist Threads

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by flashover95, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgl

rgl i eat rice

Grad school for graphic design? DOUBLE AWESOME

I really don't care how highly you hold my posts, it's not exactly all for you :uhh: Any response I gave was for the thread, you have yet to really say anything to anyone in this thread other than "You're wrong" or "I draw pictures for a living".

As for irrelevant personal information, I'm studying mechanical engineering to be combined with a law degree afterwards... my ineptitude must be overwhelming. :rolleyes:

2. Doc_G

Doc_G Well-Known Member

so your going to be a mechanical engineering lawyer or something?

As for your earlier comments about 3rd ward Houston and the more "well to do" black folks who "dumb themselves down because its socially acceptable" I agree with you that some do that. However I've known just as many back woods black folks who strive to be better than what they are percieved to be. They work twice as hard, twice as long and get half the recognition they deserve. When people look at them all they see is the color of their skin and automaticly assoiciate them with the folks who want to do nothing more than to sit at home on the porch, smoke weed, sell drugs and impregnate anything that will hold still long enough to increase their wellfare check. In some cases "product of their enviornment" still holds true, however I have noticed that with the slightest bit of encouragement and a bit of ambition on their parts todays black youth has the potential to be one of the greatest generations ever from black america. However, motivating them to show that potential and spark that ambition to become something better than what they are presently idolizing is the hard part.

3. Jhsephiroth

Jhsephiroth ///Grafik Deziner

:idea: FYI, grad school is for a MBA in marketing. You fail.:thumbdown:
    EDIT: Complete your degree program an then talk to me..hell complete you undergrad degree and then talk.

4. rgl

rgl i eat rice

No, combined I'd be doing things like international contracting.

As for the long paragraph after... it's early... so I skimmed it. :p I go to the University of Houston for the time being, and yes I see both crowds. The hardworking ones who strive to pull themselves out of the mess, and the ones who seem to exist just to make you want to tear your own head off. I think it's pretty easy to see which type of individual has a "louder" existence, unfortunately. The comments I made though were for those who seemed to think that black people are immaculate or something like that. I realize that every race isn't without their share of bad apples, but to ignore the bad apples that the black community has to offer.... needless to say it got my attention ;)

5. Nvacca

Nvacca Well-Known Member

i have to agree on the whole "African American" thing brought up. if im "white"(the socially accepted term) than your "black" simple as that. don't put yourself on a pedestal claiming to know **** about your heritage. until im referred to as a European American i do not see why i should refer to someone else as an African American (unless of course they are from Africa)

6. rgl

rgl i eat rice

You really have nothing to contribute to this thread, I don't see how you can possibly think you are superior to me. You spent 6 years on **** degrees, congrats. :sleep:

Graphic Design Vs Engineering... I wouldn't even have to finish the degree to be better than you :lol:

Regardless, until you say something worthwhile that is on topic... why don't you stick to making pretty pictures and... marketing them :thumbup: .

7. ayo232

ayo232 New Member

+1

8. Jhsephiroth

Why is it being put on a pedestal?

9. Jhsephiroth

ditto

10. rgl

rgl i eat rice

Case in point :wtf:

11. Nvacca

Nvacca Well-Known Member

because most blacks who strive for this "socially acceptable" term do so for what reason? to honor their heritage, that by the way most (**** now i have to find the study for the exact number)have no idea about their heritage let alone AFRICA. if that person has never even set foot on african soil why the hell would they be called an "african" they are not we are all americans your born in america your an american. simple as that, now if they want to run around telling people they descend from a great people in Africa then be my guest. i understand its their heritage and **** im proud of mine, but i just dont think it should be a "socially acceptable term"

12. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Ok, now we're getting WAY off track...

If you guys want to discuss the merits of "African American" versus "black"... do it in OT. Between the flames and the tangents though, this is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.