Sublimemach's Build thread- Update: post 612

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimemach

Slammed&Cammed
Coulda sworn you already gave your opinion in this thread. :confused:

lol.. well i am looking for as many opinions as i can get.. so they are all welcome :thumbup::thumbup:

not sure how the orange painted gascap would look with black screws.. anyone want to chop it for me?

Just be careful not to lose the personality of your car when doing this stuff bro :thumbup:

thanks.. but it will never lose that.. because there are so few number of orange machs..

madden

If I had your amazing car and the right $$$ I'd...

03/04 shaved rear bumper,
shave the side and rear emblems,
remove the front plate,
remove the rear louvers and blackout panel in between the tails,
take off the 1/4 window decals and cobra jet badge,
maybe the side stripes too I'm not sure
get a termi spoiler,
put smoked clear corners in,
and replace the silver centercaps on your rims with black ones.
cobra mirrors

sublimemach

Slammed&Cammed
If I had your amazing car and the right $$$ I'd...

03/04 shaved rear bumper, =======on my mod list
shave the side and rear emblems,==== maybe eventually
remove the front plate, ====cops suck around here, not sure if i can
remove the rear louvers and blackout panel in between the tails, =====tomorrow i will i think... if i have time
take off the 1/4 window decals and cobra jet badge,===ahh my stickers! lol jk.. maybe.. and the panel is going tomorrow
maybe the side stripes too I'm not sure====neverrrrrr :crazy:
get a termi spoiler, ====i want one bad!
put smoked clear corners in, ===i want the dark smoked ones
and replace the silver centercaps on your rims with black ones.==:thumbdown: lol nope
cobra mirrors====hell yes when i find them

I would leave it like it is, its one of the sickest looking Machs that Ive seen

thanks man.. but you know me.. i change my mind alot lol

03/04 shaved cobra rear bumper will clean up the clutter back there.

yea it will.. crazhorse needs to sell me his since its already shaved lol

mysteed

is back!
Lovures need to come off as well as the shaker emblems. I also think that the bullitt's don't flow with your scheme, but that's your call.

jadedpony

From 3.hate to 3.heaven
Remove the lower valance and the louvers. I hate how the lower valance has that gap above it.

The orange with the amber reflectors clashes, swap 'em for some clear corners. I would swap you mine if you were closer as I've been considering how my car would look with the ambers...

Either way you don't really need any changes :cool:, just a few suggestions to clean up the clutter :thumbup:

ShapeShifter

12sec NA 2-Valve
stock front w/no license plate, lol
rear w/just tinted tails
remove louvers
black fuel door looks good
and a +1 on the SLP tips

tedness

Mellow Yellow
- remove louvers and blackout panel
- reduce the tint %
- do NOT get a terminator front, it looks sexy with the 99 cobra front
- maybe lose the termi chin spoiler.

honestly i can't stand the termi front on cars that don't have the hood to go with it because it looks like the hood doesn't fit w/ the bumper fitting

brantan

Brandon
Chin looks bent or something. I personally like the louvers...03/04 cobra shaved rear and clear corners would do the trick IMO. Bullitts look good but I think fr5's would look better.

InzaneStang

STEEDA
It looks good the way it is, but since you asked, this is what I would do...

As far as removing things...
- louvers on back glass
- fog light tint
- honey comb license panel thing
- amber reflecter in headlight (see adding modifications list...haha)

Saving money modifications...
- Paint your stock mirrors and save the money on the cobra mirrors
- Removing the amber reflectors in headlights (fnsweet.com)
- Paint/vinyl the license plate area (some will say it looks like a civic, but it breaks up the color of the car so it is not a full black panel)

ie) my car for the license plate area black, lower valance black and blacked out tail lights

edit: it has to be gloss, could have ur decal on the mach hood gloss ??
edit2: dont mind the girlfriend laying on the ground with her 08' civic haha

Attachments

• P4121184.jpg
    P4121184.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 703

sublimemach

Slammed&Cammed
i didnt feel like replying to all of those lol

so....

InzaneStang... your car looks amazing.. i have always loved grey mustangs, mineral grey or dsg. i think thats what i really want.. but im stuck with orange lol. i dont want a new car.. just new color lol.

i will be removing some things..

how would my stock mirrors painted orange look? anyone want to do a chop?

and yes i would love.. cobra mirrors, cobra shaved rear, cobra wing, smoked clear corner headlights... etc... i like those.

EDIT
got bored....

i peeled off the rear vinyl.. and this is my car on stock wheels untill thurs or friday when i pick up new wheels.
IMG00427.jpg

IMG00428.jpg

IMG00429.jpg

Gameboy_J

Coming Soon...Coilovers.
100_0619.jpg

This is the first picture that actually makes me think that louvers might not be "so" bad :eek:

I think you need to leave the car alone unless you are going to add performance parts. I was worried about my exterior when I had a six, but that was because those cars are just too hard to make perform :lol:

You have a Mach. They look good with subtle mods. If you want to make it less cluttered, then just take off the vinyls/tints and go back to basics for a while. Stop spending money on things that don't make you lighter/faster/handle better/get more traction/etc. :lol:

InzaneStang

STEEDA
Well, i know you had an old mineral gray, but orange is such a vibrant color ya know, sticks out and catches alot of attention...thats why im painting my challenger sublime green so it stands out...:lol:

but alright, I think your car looks B.A. the way it is, if you dont want to spend alot of money, just do those things that I did...luckily I have an air compressor, and I bought all the paint I needed for under $100.00 bucks, had sandpaper already, and went to town on the mirrors and license plate area. Subtle modifications really make a car stand out on its own.

Very quick chop of the mirrors and DIY clear corner lights, painting the bumper supports between the foglights (big difference on bright color cars), and painted lip portion of grill on 01'cobra bumper

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 321

sublimemach

Slammed&Cammed
This is the first picture that actually makes me think that louvers might not be "so" bad :eek:

I think you need to leave the car alone unless you are going to add performance parts. I was worried about my exterior when I had a six, but that was because those cars are just too hard to make perform :lol:

You have a Mach. They look good with subtle mods. If you want to make it less cluttered, then just take off the vinyls/tints and go back to basics for a while. Stop spending money on things that don't make you lighter/faster/handle better/get more traction/etc. :lol:

thats exaclty what im doing :D

like i said.. i got 18x10 rims with 295's bfg kdw's the flame tread.. for grip in dry and wet.. the sumitomo 315s suckkkkkked for traction. so thats a good thing right? lol now i will have some traction.. i have never had any before.

and yea. im trying to make it look less cluttered. i am waiting on roy to make me a 1/2" intake spacer, and then i will be installing it all and going to get a tune. and a dyno... i need to dyno it before. i havent had time though

Well, i know you had an old mineral gray, but orange is such a vibrant color ya know, sticks out and catches alot of attention...thats why im painting my challenger sublime green so it stands out...:lol:

but alright, I think your car looks B.A. the way it is, if you dont want to spend alot of money, just do those things that I did...luckily I have an air compressor, and I bought all the paint I needed for under $100.00 bucks, had sandpaper already, and went to town on the mirrors and license plate area. Subtle modifications really make a car stand out on its own.

Very quick chop of the mirrors and DIY clear corner lights, painting the bumper supports between the foglights (big difference on bright color cars), and painted lip portion of grill on 01'cobra bumper

i miss my gt .. i loved that car.. and yea thats something i need, to the painted grille area. i forgot about that. not too sure about the mirrors all orange or the lower grille black.... i know jim garv has his black on his yellow mach.. but not sure about it on mine

amrcnidyot

i say leave it as is and get cobra mirrors and a mach chin. i love your car. most of the time i like the visus louvers a lot more but i think yours looks great with the ones youve got.

Gameboy_J

Coming Soon...Coilovers.
thats exaclty what im doing :D

like i said.. i got 18x10 rims with 295's bfg kdw's the flame tread.. for grip in dry and wet.. the sumitomo 315s suckkkkkked for traction. so thats a good thing right? lol now i will have some traction.. i have never had any before.

and yea. im trying to make it look less cluttered. i am waiting on roy to make me a 1/2" intake spacer, and then i will be installing it all and going to get a tune. and a dyno... i need to dyno it before. i havent had time though

I didn't read the thread. I got your PM and came in here to post my thoughts :lol:

Glad you have seen the light! Go before Show mods FTW :cool:

chaoticdismay

the rippin and the tearin
take off the blackout panel, the rear window louvers and take off your spoiler for a competition orange termi spoiler :)
i havent read the whole thread, got your pm and came in, but i saw your update.

imo:
remove trunk blackout vinyl (done)
no rear louvers
cobra mirrors
m1 front chin spoiler
paint the whole fuel door CY or put the stocker on
and either paint the fuel tank straps cy or polish them and paint the fuel tank CY.
slp tips

Status
Not open for further replies.