Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Subwoofer wiring

Discussion in '2015 V6 Mustang' started by penguin666, Oct 19, 2016.

1. penguin666

penguin666 Member

Anyone have any suggestions as to hooking up a subwoofer in the trunk? Obviously, I have the power routed from the battery, does the factory 6 speaker system have RCA outputs? I'd rather go that route than hook up to the rear speakers. Also, where do I pull power from for switching the unit on? No power port in the trunk that comes on when the car is running.

2. ageless1

ageless1 Active Member

Not sure if you found your answer yet, but I've done some work on the sound on my 2014/4 speaker system. If this is a S197, you'll need to splice into the blue antenna wire to get your power signal. No, there are no RCA outputs on factory equipment.

3. S550 3.7L grabber

S550 3.7L grabber New Member

I recently did a Rockford Fostgate P-300 12 inch in my 2017 with base radio.

In my prior 2010 Mustang with base radio I spliced into the headunit to add amps to door speakers and rear speakers and RCA wires. I must have had to do like 64 line soderings to put the amp inline with the standard wires going to speakers and other misc. Ran the blue signal wire from amp from the fusse box under hood. Ampy was a Rockford Fortgate 10in P300 self contained. Works great compared to stock and all original but not for the faint of heart. Very difficult to splice in. I would not do again.

On my new 2017 I just ran the power wire from front and went through the passenger side firewall at a hidden rubber pass though (took the passenger wheel liner off - see Youtube). I just ran a line out converter off the rear speakers and got a LOC that creates its own signal wire for AMP. (seems like many AMPs have a setting to turn on from speaker wires so no blue wire may be needed).

Ran AMP power ground to a hole in frame underneath by rear speakers, sanded to bare metal and attached with bolt. Soldered the linelock wires onto the rear speakers from underside so did not have to take off rear seat trim. Seems like rear speakers are not that helpful anyway so I just left the stock ones. Have to set the AMP to pick up at correct level from rear speakers but when adjusted right it sounds very good for under $250. The base really helps the stock speakers. Next will be replacing door speakers but that will be a while. have to fiqure out if worth trying to amp up the base sterio door speakers or just upgrade with better speakers.

Bit by bit but for my novice ears it made huge difference in both cars to just add some real base thump.

4. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

That's sounds pretty nice. Good attention to detail and clean install.

Ps bass vs base?

5. S550 3.7L grabber

S550 3.7L grabber New Member

That spelling sounds fishy to me even if it is correct. I can now correctly call my audio setup the bassamatic. Look up on youtube if you never have seen the Bassamatic SNL skit.