Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercharger Build 4.0 HELP

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Brandon2010, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Brandon2010

Brandon2010 New Member

Whatsup guys So while searching through craigslist i see tons (i mean tons!) of Vortech and Pro-charger supercharger kits for Fox-bodys and sn-95 models . I've been wondering could i use kits like this on my 4.0 mustang by just making different brackets? How hard would it be? Im sure tons of others have asked this same question from time to time will searching through craigslist.

2. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

If the head unit is a good price ie. the procharger or vortech unit, you can get all the tubing and brackets on line cheapish, or straight from procharger or vortech, and piece together a kit for pretty cheap.

Brandon2010 likes this.
  3. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Custom fabrication work is consistently any two of these three options:
    -quality
    -cheap
    -fast

In addition to the necessary supporting mods you'd have the burden of adapting or fabricating brackets that aligns the supercharger drive pulley with your accessory belt. Its not rocket science, but a little misalignment can put a large burden on the drive shaft snout, key way, or the bearings in the other accessories.

I recommend you get in touch with bmckelvey

Brandon2010 likes this.