Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supercoupe short block + mustang heads/Intake

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Jason Williams, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:46 PM.

1. Jason Williams

Jason Williams New Member

Hi, I’m new here so bare with me. I have a 2000 v6 mustang that is not running atm :( there was a stock 3.8 that I turbo’d with a 58mm precision and 38 eBay external wastegate. With t5 5 spd.

But anyways I want more power. And I keep hearing I can put a pair of split port heads on the SC SB. And use the mustang upper and Lower Intake.

Is there anything that I would have to fab to interchange all of that and how difficult would it be to drop the sc motor in my mustang? With the stang heads and intake of course w/ the same turbo setup.. would it be hard?
    Would it be worth the labor?
    Anything that I would have to change or fab?
    Thank you in advance! :)

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

My wife's 99 mustang had a bad rod knock. I had a spare SC engine so I stripped it down to the short block and swapped the heads/intake/exhaust from her 99 motor onto the SC short block. I used the SC flex plate and used a 01-04 3.8 harmonic balancer as the SC rotating assy is internally balanced.

It's all pretty much a direct replacement. Nothing that I can think of needs to be modified to work. Pretty straightforward.

Since it was basically a stock setup, I noticed a drop in torque below 3k rpm due to the lower compression ratio of the SC pistons. Above 3k rpm it wasnt that noticable but it's a v6 and the sc block was a convenient spare to get it back on the road.

3. Jason Williams

Jason Williams New Member

You didn’t have to change sensors from block??