SVT focus sucks...

DarkEntity

Just thought I'd post a quick little race I just had cause I'm bored...

I pulled up to a light, to the left of me was an SVT focus. I kinda looked at him, he looked at me, green light comes on, and we both take off normally - me being about a half a car ahead of him.

All of a sudden I hear him floor it, my natural split second reaction was to... floor it as well. :lol: So I did, right as we were completely side by side. We stayed like that for about a second and a half till my car cought it's momentum, and then I pulled on him more and more. I shut down around 80MPH, with him easily being like 3-4 cars behind me.

Go, family grocery getters, go. :p My only thought was "Man... that's gotta sting..." :lol:

99Camaro99

The Doctor
Why waste the gas :lol:

I've lost 1/2 car to a buddy's 01 auto GT (intake/exhaust) from 60 - 105 in that family go getter (3.5 Altima)

speedbump

cool guy

I pulled up to a light, to the left of me was an SVT focus. I kinda looked at him, he looked at me, green light comes on, and we both take off normally - me being about a half a car ahead of him.

All of a sudden I hear him floor it, my natural split second reaction was to... floor it as well. :lol: So I did, right as we were completely side by side. We stayed like that for about a second and a half till my car cought it's momentum, and then I pulled on him more and more. I shut down around 80MPH, with him easily being like 3-4 cars behind me.

Go, family grocery getters, go. :p My only thought was "Man... that's gotta sting..." :lol:

its not as if its the most powerful car ever made, its only got 170hp. even with a supercharger, its by no means a straight line car.

don’t be knocking it till you have had a chance to drive one hard around some corners.

Pinto Beast

boom, outa' here
its not as if its the most powerful car ever made, its only got 170hp. even with a supercharger, its by no means a straight line car.

don’t be knocking it till you have had a chance to drive one hard around some corners.

your right, they handle well but I see them run in the 17's up here in Denver:(

tyees2002

00 GT
Ya they arent fast cars, 16's in the quarter...plus they look like ****:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

99Camaro99

The Doctor
You'll hate it until you've had one in the corners.:cool:

I'm sure there are other cars I can throw through the corners and be more impressed...case in point I've taken a rather "heavily spirited" drive (not ride...drove it) S2000 through some twisties...granted straight line ain't there until 6000rpms that sucker definately handles like it's on rails. :D

speedbump

cool guy
Also, several years ago when small inexpensive cars, especially American ones, were not expected to come with many options, the SVT Focus came fully loaded with many nice things for less than $20,000. During its short-lived production, it was possible to get them with every option for less than $16,000. Not to mention the Focus had standard equipment other competitors did not offer.

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
Also, several years ago when small inexpensive cars, especially American ones, were not expected to come with many options, the SVT Focus came fully loaded with many nice things for less than $20,000. During its short-lived production, it was possible to get them with every option for less than $16,000. Not to mention the Focus had standard equipment other competitors did not offer.

There are a lot of people that don't fully understand what all goes into consideration when you're buying a new car. Guaging the car as a full package is a lot more than looking at 1/4 mile time, HP, and price.

tedness

Mellow Yellow

agreed, its a good corner carver. my buddy drove his eclipse and was doing worse times than me but once he got his svt focus he was cutting very similar times without any practice.

besthaticouldo

Resident Focus King
your right, they handle well but I see them run in the 17's up here in Denver:(

did the driver forget he was racing? the car runs a 15.2 stock. ya its not that fast. but its no 17. i ran a 16.5 in vegas bone stock and i have a zx3 non SVT.

an s2000 doesnt handle as well as an SVT does stock for stock btw. ive driven both cars. and what does an s2k cost stock compared to a SVT? 20k more?

ford will never bring the RS over here, and there isnt gonna be a next gen RS, its the ST that you are thinking of. its bright orange? ya.

drive an SVT on a road course and youll be pleasently surprised at that amazing handling characteristics of the car. there are very few cars that are that balanced from the factory.

sorry just my focus 2 cents.

GSRGuy94

Not a Mod... Yet
did the driver forget he was racing? the car runs a 15.2 stock. ya its not that fast. but its no 17. i ran a 16.5 in vegas bone stock and i have a zx3 non SVT.

an s2000 doesnt handle as well as an SVT does stock for stock btw. ive driven both cars. and what does an s2k cost stock compared to a SVT? 20k more?

ford will never bring the RS over here, and there isnt gonna be a next gen RS, its the ST that you are thinking of. its bright orange? ya.

drive an SVT on a road course and youll be pleasently surprised at that amazing handling characteristics of the car. there are very few cars that are that balanced from the factory.

sorry just my focus 2 cents.
Um... are you ****ing serious? 1) I've NEVER seen, or even heard about, an SVT-F running a 15.2. 15.5 is the lowest time I've ever even heard of. And 2) An S2000 handles better than a Focus could ever DREAM of handling. If you'd really driven both cars, you would never say that the S2000 doesn't handle as well as a FWD econo-box :thumbdown: :rolleyes:

Edit: And take those gay-ass rims off your car