1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The EATON m90 supercharger for 3.8L stangs..

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by 95stang3.8, Jul 5, 2004.

Social Buttons
  1. 95stang3.8

95stang3.8 New Member

seen a few 3.8L superchargers for sale in my area, one, being an EATON M90 supercharger for 3.8L v6 ford engines.. just wondering if anyone has, or knows how much HP/torque this baby produces. let me know if you know.

thanx
  2. leroybrown71

leroybrown71 New Member

Superchargers don't produce any HP/TQ. They produce various levels of boost, and the amount of HP/TQ gains that you see will vary depending on the engine, other mods, etc etc etc. And just as a precaution.. i would not slap a blower on a 95 stang. probly got a ton of miles.... wouldn't expect it to hold up real well without a rebuild.

LB
  3. bluewaterDEMON

bluewaterDEMON New Member

I'd love to get one man....but, living in maryland...having 100,000+ miles on my car, and a 1995 mustang....I doubt it would last more than a week. My engine over heats enough as it is. :disgust:
  4. 2000Blackone

2000Blackone New Member

I bet you've got a lot of miles on that engine already. I don't know if I'd pour another couple grand into it considering that it'll be worth as much as your car almost. If I had a 95 stang, I would rather run 17s and have a reliable daily driver than 14s and the risk of blowing your engine constantly, especially with the roots blower's low end capability.
  5. Revmaynard02

Revmaynard02 New Member

if you decide to go with it, you need to do a few things. replace head gaskets (thats a must), do a compression test, and have the piston rings check/replaced if needed. its not too bad of a deal, thats the biggest thing is making sure you have good gaskets so that you don't fire it up blow the head gasket and need to go back to the shop. if you wanna keep the car for a while get the overheating issue resolved first and then replace the gaskets and piston rings, slap on the SC and get a nice dyno done. Then it should be pretty reliable.