The G35 is going byebye :(

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
It's gonna be going to College Station with my 18 yearold cousin for Christmas. I've been looking at 2006 A4 GTOs to replace it. I decided to follow my own advice and look at cars in that pricerange (15-19k) which I'm always recommending. I took good looks at new civics and fits. I seriously considered a 2007 or 8 mazdaspeed 3. I looked good and hard for lightly used Evos and STi, but that's like looking for a virgin in the bunny ranch. It's not a chore to find 2006 GTOs with pretty low mileage at decent prices though. They're inconspicuous, plenty fast, and really comfortable. Woot.

Zero

Muff Cabbage
It's gonna be going to College Station with my 18 yearold cousin for Christmas. I've been looking at 2006 A4 GTOs to replace it. I decided to follow my own advice and look at cars in that pricerange (15-19k) which I'm always recommending. I took good looks at new civics and fits. I seriously considered a 2007 or 8 mazdaspeed 3. I looked good and hard for lightly used Evos and STi, but that's like looking for a virgin in the bunny ranch. It's not a chore to find 2006 GTOs with pretty low mileage at decent prices though. They're inconspicuous, plenty fast, and really comfortable. Woot.
We've had a few GTOs here and it really is insane how low the price is on them.

stang101

^Bryan^
I looked good and hard for lightly used Evos and STi, but that's like looking for a virgin in the bunny ranch.

I hear ya... I've been looking for about 3 months for a nice 04-07 STi, I've only found 2 worth buying and both were sold before I found them. It's so frustrating wanting one so bad, having the money to buy one, but not being able to find one. :mad: I'd be happy with a GTO but I can't have another RWD car, I need AWD! :) Good luck finding a GTO...

Travis

I would in a heartbeat if they were available. Unfortunately, the G35 is at a point where it's value is just too low to justify spending anymore money on maintenance for it. It's got 136k miles and is worth about 4500 bucks. Parts are expensive, so it just makes no sense keeping it that long.

Kuplex

Retired Admin
I keep forgetting about the 2011. It's gonna take some time to get used to a base Mustang with that much power. The GT only got that a few years ago. :lol:

Zero

Muff Cabbage
The seats really are fantastic. They're a huge step up in physical comfort from the G35. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.
Really? I never sat in a GTO. I've only seen them come and go here.
If you like them, go for it. Good luck.

RustyRodder

Dumbass. That's you.
The seats really are fantastic. They're a huge step up in physical comfort from the G35. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

I agree there. plus the ride is quite good. I would love to get one once Im out of school.

any reasaon for the 06 over the 05? iirc, the only difference is the unlock button and black housing taillights.

Travis

any reasaon for the 06 over the 05? iirc, the only difference is the unlock button and black housing taillights.

I only plan on having this car for 2 or 3 years. Finding 06 models that are CPO is quite possible, and likely since it'll be coming from my parents neighbor: the owner of westside chevrolet.