Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

#TheRebuild

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by Spdricer, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Im starting a new thread because i put so much unnecessary stuff that reading through it is such a drag... this time its only gonna be about what im doing not what im gonna do ..and less theatrics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the pics of where im at now i have everything disconnected from racecar im gonna pull the engine this weekend most likely...

2. ron.adams

ron.adams Member

I just went through all that...your paint looks really good by the way, mine is red too. Is this your first time doing it? Let me know if I can help. I rebuilt my engine for the first time just by doing research and asking. Did a lot mistakes but everything turned out to be fine.

3. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Plans? Give us some details on the car.

4. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Thanks for your offer of help thats a nice gesture and i appreciate it very much Im not painting it i just pulled off the fenders and bumper to be familiar with the process because i might* paint the next one but im kinda thinking twice about that...

Details on the car are what you already know fully forged internal engine na 290hp the plan is to get the engine running na in the white convertible correctly then do mods one at at time instead of all at once so if something goes wrong i can source it to the last mod instead of being lost in a sea of changes... end result desired is a stiffened chassis clean but simple convertible street car with a relatively unorthodox exterior asthetic style and an even more relative to mustang standards unorthodox powerplant being a boosted v6 ..with all the technology these days with boost control and cooling techniques im looking forward to incorporating alot of the little tricks guys are using to squeeze out power from the 6

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  5. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the engine out in record time it was a true thing of beauty literally the same day i get a trophy here on v6 mustangs for being on here for 1 year named "rookie no more" lol and about 1 minute after i read that and was just soaking in how coincidental the trophy came on the same day the engine came out a rouge lightning bolt slammed down a block away completely rocking my shop like a bomb went off! It was so crazy i thanked god for his blessing. Then i went and ate a 50 dollar 12 oz beef tenderloin steak to celebrate lol ..it was a good day

Next up is to take out the dash in the red car and get familiar with that process..
    I have literally no fear any more because the gopro is watching everymove i make its incredible gonna try to get some of the footage together and uploaded so you guys and whoever else can follow along..

This will be a non edited run what i brung type video the collaboration movie will come when its all over and the white car is complete..
    Thanks for watching

6. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

I decided to cut the roof off to cut out the rollcage im gonna do that first..

7. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

8. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Lots of work and good photos.

9. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Thank you its all from what you taught me and from wat i learned from reading threads here

10. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Good god that's a serious cage! So the red car is being junked?

11. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Its a work of art. Its a very unique cage. Unfourtunately the creator is no longer with us.. RIP Russel. His memory and legacy will live on however keeping me safe and keeping the chassis stiff bending corners with the top missingI

Yes i got the white car in the shop im swapping the maximum motorsports kmember and flaming river manual steering rack that came with the red car so i can get the red car out (junk it i guess yeah) and start focusing on the white car..

https://goo.gl/photos/dXyyyfLADb47jF8A9

12. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Recommend you keep the power steering stock setup. Better drivability. Flaming River manual steering rack will be stiff when used to park a car. K-member switch is a good replacement and saves about 80 lbs on the front end. Also think the red car rear end may be an upgrade from the 7.8 stocker. Just pull the pumpkin cover and see if upgrades are visible. It may have had a upgrade differential, bearings, axles maybe.

13. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Yea i forgot to mention the axle im swapping aswell.
    Yea i guess your right about the power steering its all still in the white car too and it dosent whine like the black car used too
    https://goo.gl/photos/mRLdgYKffFNX7HuK8

14. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

15. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Ready to swap k members got 2 bolts out of the red cars kmember and i called it a night around 11 oclock so i can get some sleep and make it to work at 7.. but with school starting today i was late anyways lol #monday