Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

think gas is expensiver?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Derick, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

2. ExoDus

ExoDus Best member nobody knows

Bosnia? lawl. I wonder how many cars they even have over in that **** hole. Not to mention, I doubt they have too many 8mph tahoe's. Most euro cars are tiny and efficient.

edit: according to user comments, the bosnia gas price is inaccurate on that page.

3. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

reading owns you. the article itself points out the variables.

4. ExoDus

reading doesnt own me. And apparently the data for bosnia is incorrect anyway.

5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

good work, holmes :thumbup:

6. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Are we seriously trying to make ourselves feel better by pointing out how gas is more expensive in a war torn 3rd world country?

7. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

i believe in Shri Lanka gas is $32/gallon but that's not the point. who is the major producer to the world???

China only pays $2.80/gallon and no OPEC nation pays over $.70/gallon. fact is they are putting the screws to us as are own politicians for not letting us drill our own supplies and add more refineries

8. ExoDus

There isnt a supply problem. Its all speculation and an apparent recession we seem to be in thats driving prices up. There isnt very much oil around this country comparatively to the middle east anyway. It would be a band-aid on a problem that requires stitches. We need to move away from oil.

In the short term, it might be possible to lower oil prices if our administration stops starting wars every other thursday.

9. idioteque

idioteque Pine away for your banner years.

:thumbdown: I had really hoped that you would be staying out of discussions related to politics.

10. Weisse123

Weisse123 Active Member

Actually spent two weeks in Tuzla, Bosnia, and went into town once, they have alot of cars there...at least back in '96....When I got back from there and got into Germany, gas was $1.34 a liter which is about $5.36 a gallon, we haven't seen anything yet.....

11. GT-EATER

GT-EATER Moderator

We are not technically in a recession , that requires 2 quarters of consecutive negative growth which we have not had (Yet). And yes the biggest problem is supply not speculation , the speculation does play a part but its not as big as people have been led to believe.
    Not much oil ? we have plenty of oil just not the will to get it out of the ground . The U.S. dollar has something to do with the price of oil as well, they need to get the dollar back up and prices would moderate considerably .

12. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Posting for the 5th time since everyone seems to avoid it.

http://www.enn.com/business/article/37371

OPEC's Secretary General on Tuesday appealed for calm..............In support of his point that prices are being driven by factors other than supply, Badri said world consumption of 87 million bpd is smaller than the value of trading in oil-related financial instruments.

Badri said the "paper market" equaled about 1.36 billion bpd and he was critical of investment banks, some of whose forecasts for rising prices have been partly credited for sending oil to new peaks.

"Their practice at this time is not in favor of producers and consumers," he said. "We really cannot be guided by one or two speculators."

13. GT-EATER

GT-EATER Moderator

Production 87 million barrels a day , consumption 85-86 million barrels a day
    = tight oil supply . ;)

14. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Where do you get that stat?

Not only that, but compared to the gross amount of speculation if the 1.36 billion per day paper oil is right.

It's not basic supply and demand doing this. It's speculation and the Dollar.

15. GT-EATER

GT-EATER Moderator

Google world oil consumption , there's plenty of good info there . I did acknowledge that speculation plays a part as does big oil consumers of oil related products such as airlines who are buying oil contract to hedge against the rising cost of Jet fuel . I also said something about the dollar , if it was equal to the Euro right now oil would be around 80-90 dollars a barrel even in this tight market .

16. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

I will agree with you since you seem to realize it's not just simple supply and demand at work. I think I read crude oil has jumped 50% this year

http://www.ioga.com/Special/crudeoil_Hist.htm

In june 2007 it was $59.25 a barrel....

17. GT-EATER

GT-EATER Moderator

It closed around 140.00 today so thats an increase of $80.75 or 58% :eek:

18. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

It was 104 in April. In two months it rose 36 dollars! :wtf::disgust:

19. GT-EATER

GT-EATER Moderator

I hope we don't have a hurricane in the gulf this year that would push the price over $200.00 a barrel and we would be looking at 6-7.00 a gallon gas . :eek:

20. CJ

CJ 1%

The thing about Bosnia and Europe being expensive gas is that it does not make a big difference because people in those countries (at least in many parts of Europe I do not know about Bosnia) are not driving 60+ miles per work each day and not doing stupid amounts of driving as American's do. American's drive to their ****ing mailboxes. Plus,