Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thinking about new mustang

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by V6procharged, Jan 27, 2013.

1. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

I have been contemplating buying a 2011 5.0 mustang if i find one for the right price and see how much insurance would be on it. Been somewhat looking around for kona blue and sterling grey. that is all :)

2. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

07' gt500 for sale on racing junk.com going for $18500, posted this yesterday lol. 22k miles iirc

3. SlowSix01

SlowSix01 Active Member

gonna get rid of the v6 then ?

4. V6procharged

didnt see it on there.. link?

yeap. like i said, this is just something ive been looking into doing. i would keep this car since it has a lot of hardwork in it, but i already an f150 i DD, dont need 3 vehicles.

5. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

You are or are not going to get rid of the stang? I'd really hate to see that especially since you havent even put the turbo on it yet. A coyote will be about as fast as your car is now with the procharger, but the turbo will be MUCH faster than a coyote with all bolt-ons.

I'll try and find the link or check my fb page.

6. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

Wait until the 2015 Mustang comes out, and see what it looks like. By then the resale on the 11+ GT's will take a dive and you should be able to find a nice one at a great price. Only reason I didn't wait was because I needed a new DD. Put that turbo on that v6 fool.

I will admit, selling my 2002 has crossed my mind a couple times.

7. V6procharged

yes, i would. i know it would be faster than the coyote with the turbo kit. just wanting to start new with the 5.0. they have a lot of potential. i saw the link. wish he had more details and pics.

i wont be able to afford a brand new mustang, but yea the resale for 11+ would be lower. ha, that's what a few people have told me already. just hate to put the kit on, then still want to sell car. value on kit will go down being used and wont really help money wise to sell the car, unless an enthusiast wants it and will pay more.

8. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

No one will spend what you paid for the turbo kit anyways, even though you never used it.

9. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

I dont think I will ever sell my 03'. It is paid for and to be honest I have the skill and tools to do anything I want to it. I look at it like a chasis that will fit any drivetrain I choose to put in it.

I almost went with a jy ls 4.8 motor with a turbo before I pulled the trigger on this 4.3. Dave Dalke talked me out of it by saying his built motor could support 700rwhp which all I want is 600rwhp through a non locked converter.

Agree with jp, put that turbo on there Brandon.

10. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

When this 3.8 in my car blows, I will swap a Coyote in it I think.

orrr 5.0 swap the 2012, and 3.7 into the 2002. lol.

11. Jesse01V6

Jesse01V6 Away from V6's for now........

What is your reasoning behind getting a new 5.0? Do you plan to keep it stock(ish)? Or build it up a bit?

As for power, yeah you may make more than a 5.0 w/ a turbo 3.8, but you won't do it with a warranty, and it won't run as smooth as a new 5.0

Plus if you breath on the 5.0 a little bit, its going to blow the 3.8 out of the water in a hurry. Really can't compare the 2 motors in any way other than cost, the 5.0 is way ahead of that late 70's/early 80's re-designed Buick V6.

12. mustang024

mustang024 Active Member

Reason I didn't do the same Brandon is comtemplating right now. Car s paid for insurance would be low on the v6. Also walking some hotshot in a 5.0 in the turbo v6 will be great! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

13. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

No offence but your post is incorrect lol.
    #1 Brandon does not have a stock or even mild 3.8l in his stang, it is a fully forged 4.3l stroker built for BOOST. Pretty sure he is going to go with a .600 lift cam as well to take full advantage of the highlly modified cylinder heads he plans to run. WITHOUT touching a thing and putting the turbo setup on his car he would make around 550rwhp on 16 pounds of boost and run into the 10's with ease. Now if he cranked it up to 20psi, pump gas/race fuel mix, 20* of timing at peak load and through a locked converter it would be well into the 600+ range and the motor would support this power. If he were to swap to a billet 6768 there is another 75rwhp at the same boost level.

#2 The buick gn 109 motor is a 90* v6 and that is about the only thing it has in common with the essex v6. Pound for pound a 109 motor with aftermarket heads is not capable of the mass flow a essex v6 will produce. The weak point in the essex motor is the 11mm head studs, an upgrade to 1/2" studs is required over 700rwhp. I run a pre 95 sc block in my stang and it comes stock with 1/2" main cap studs where as the 96+ blocks come stock with 11mm, plus the 95 and older blocks come with much beefier main caps. The buick 109 block is limited to about 600rwhp due to the webbing under the main caps, all the buicks running deep into the 9's are using a stage2 block which it's strength is comparable to a svo 4.5 block.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
  14. Jesse01V6

What exactly am I wrong about? Is the new 5.0 not more advanced than the Essex V6's? Does it not make more power? Will it not make more with similar boost levels? Not putting down his build at all, but 550 wheel ain't **** for a new 5.0 with boost. I'm confused about how my post is "incorrect".

The Ford Essex was originally very much derived from the Buick V6. There are more similarities than just the 90 deg. configuration, but I never said they were exactly the same. There are many differences of now, but still interesting.

15. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

A coyote would need boost to keep up with brandons motor when he puts the turbo on(even my setup once it's dialed in). My motor is'nt a 3.8 but I would line up against any blown 5.0 coyote and pretty confident I'd stand a chance. The coyote would be a better choice if you are shooting over 650rwhp because thats where you start to run into issues with these motors. I would not feel comfortable running 700rwhp without a real crank, others would and have taken it well beyond that. But 650rwhp is good for 9.6's in these cars with the correct supporting mods or 140mph.

Havent really looked into it but do you know the limitations of a stock coyote? I'd think it take some engine work to support mid 9 sec power. (Unless youre Justin Starkey and can tune the **** out of a motor lol)

"Reversed Engineered buick engine" Guess I may be wrong:crushed:

16. Jesse01V6

The cost alone would keep me from doing a coyote motor personally. Just saying they are monsters, with the right parts. From what I've read, the rods are an area of concern with the new coyote under boost. Plus the higher compression. But they have fully forged cranks & assembled very well, amazing what they can do with them.

No doubt much can be had from these 3.8's and 4.2's, but lets not kid ourselves, every motor has its weak point(s), you still have to do some work to make a 3.8 hold some power.

17. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

You'd have to buy a new stang, power adder, and supporting mods to be on par with his turbo 4.3. I just cant see droping that much cash on something when you own a combo that will be on par. Everyone has their reasons and I'm not going to knock Brandon (or anyone for that matter) if he does go this route.

Yea, it is amazing what those new motors are capable of. I'd still go jy turbo 4.8/5.3 with ls3 heads in my 03' if I ditched the v6. 600rwhp v6 = about 120hp per hole:evil: