Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Throttle lag

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Boogsawaste, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Francis

Francis Seattle, WA>Texas

in the late 90's-2002 Mercedes c230's with the 2.3L supercharged inline 4 there is quite a lot of lag. The torque comes on hard and low when the ECU doesn't limit the throttle input. my friend got a tune that practically eliminated it (also got a SC pulley for it which helped a lot I'm sure). Im sure a tune could provide the same results for the new V6 mustang.

2. Petronasquwerto

Petronasquwerto New Member

Well i acknowledged that accelerator lag in many of the vehicles i analyze forced before i resolved on the stang...especially the VW Jetta and Ford

3. PonyCarKing

PonyCarKing New Member

New BBK throttle body and the car still doesn't do very well on takeoff. I did notice a little better wheelspin if I pushed in the hill button on the side of the shifter.
    Does anyone make a torque converter for our cars?
    I'm definitely thinking the problem is programmed in by Ford.
    With all the modifications I've done and the way the car accelerates after launch, it should spin those tires easy.
    I have no trouble beating 4.6s

4. Griffin

Griffin It's never fast enough.

I installed a CAI, 73mm throttle body and BAMAs custom 93 octane tune with no luck eliminating the lag. Every since I had a carbed '85 GT, I've been searching for that wrapped tight responsiveness in the throttle. Sigh...

5. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Have you found your answer to your problem in working around the Ford Programing issue? I have a problem like yours. I have a 2014 with a manual and did the following, Bama Tune running 93 octane with the performance tune, CAI, Magna Flows, BBK 73 mm Throttle Body. It will still starts off slow then kicks in at around 3000 rpm and at the time of this reply I'm having the 3.73 gears installed. I wish I had read your post prior to doing some of these mods. . Did you ever get the problem fixed?

6. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Thanks for all the feed back. At lease I'm not alone with this problem and maybe one day there will be a direct answer from Ford for this problem..

7. Griffin

The only thing I've found to help with some of the lag is resetting the throttle. From what I've read, the fly by wire system learns ur driving habits. So if ur generally easy on the throttle to increase mpg, it will adapt to that driving pattern which seems to tame the responsiveness.

I will reset my throttle once or twice a week by turning my key to the "On" position without starting it, then slowly push the accelerator all the way to the floor and hold it there for about 8-10 seconds. Then slowly release the accelerator and turn the key off. When u start the car u should notice a little more responsiveness in the throttle.

8. jamkcur

jamkcur New Member

BAMA tune totally fixed my lag. And shifts much smoother around town. Money well spent.

2012 Automatic 2.73 gears Pony Pack.

9. Griffin

Man, I wish mine would've!