Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire size

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by jek57, Oct 15, 2014.

1. jek57

jek57 New Member

Just bought some 18x8 amr rims from American muscle Thinking about using 245x45x18 on them. Has anyone have the 245x45x18s on their car and if so how are they working out? .And is the gap big between the rear wheel well? Thanks for any input .

2. Jesse01V6

Jesse01V6 Away from V6's for now........

245's on the rear? Thats a little narrow in my opinion. I would go at least 275's in the back.

I have 275/40's on 17x8 wheels on my fox.

3. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Check the section width of the tires you're considering. It should not greatly exceed the width of the wheel. For example my 275/35-18's have a section width of 11.2". They wrap nicely on my 9 inches of wheel width. The section width is unique to each tire.

FWIW I'd consider more towards 255 or 265. 275 tires will probably exceed the capability of your wheels to provide lateral support during turn-in.

Wheel well gap is absolutely unimportant for your tire selection.

4. jek57

jek57 New Member

Thanks for the reply's .I am thinking about going with the 255x45x18s am recommend this size also with theses rims The reason i was asking about the wheel well gap is because the rear has a big gap and i got the kyb gas a just shocks in the rear which raised it about 2 inches . so compared to stock i think these will work good.

5. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

You're missing the point. The tires are the connection between the road and car and therefore will have the largest impact on how the car drives. The only thing arguable more useful is the Driver Mod.

By prioritizing the wheel gap first in your mind you subordinated safety for appearance's sake.

How recently did you install the shocks? They should settle to a normal ride height within a week of normal driving.