Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires and why they should be replaced/ checked sooner...

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by BigEZ, Apr 25, 2011.

1. BigEZ

BigEZ Between two ferns

Your tires are the main line of defense between you and the road. They’re quite possibly the most important part of your car. Proper maintenance and care and replacing them sooner could save your life. An improperly inflated tire can lead to a costly downswing in your fuel economy if the pressure is too low. Many people go too far between checks and as a result they have improper tire ware. This in turn could cause you to get into an accident. Hydroplaning is a real risk one that could cause thousands of dollars in repairs, all of which could have been avoided had you had your tires inflated properly or had more tread on your tires.

Hydroplaning occurs when the water cannot be properly channeled by the grooves in the tread and instead goes between the tread and the road, causing traction loss. For this reason you always want to inspect your tread to determine if you have enough to handle the onslaught of water that you are to encounter on a daily rain filled drive. The AAA suggests if you are going to replace two worn out tires to place the new tires in the rear of the vehicle and move the older tires to the front. This way un the event that you do hydroplane you don’t lose traction in the rear and spin out possibly causing big bucks in damage to sensitive steering components.

The normal aging process of a tire will ultimately end in tire failure. Upon failure or otherwise known as a “blowout” you might experience difficulty in controlling the vehicle. This is why I always replace my tires with half of the tread left, because you never know when your tires might fail prematurely. Nails and or other road hazards may also cause a tire to fail prematurely. Try to avoid these.

An additional consequence to tire failure may end in a collision between you and another car or a pedestrian. These types of accidents commonly result in lawsuits or other litigation and can cause you many headaches and or suicide trauma. So to be on the safe side try and replace your tires sooner as to be sure you don’t have an accidental blowout. Another significant consequence of improperly inflated tires could be a drastic reduction in highway performance, and as we all know with rising gas prices performance is key.

2. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

I think the second most important part of any car is the O2 sensors.

3. BigEZ

BigEZ Between two ferns

I was actually just about to make a thread about that, but it appears I was already beaten to the punch.

4. kgmx856

kgmx856 Dirtbike Aficionado

Sticky material here. You must be some sort of genius.