To Turbo or not to Turbo

leo2hot4tv

2hot4GT:LOL
I'm scared to blow my engine at such high mileage(124k), but if the kit is cheap enough I'll sell my soul to the devil and take one of these.

Duke

God
I'm scared to blow my engine at such high mileage(124k), but if the kit is cheap enough I'll sell my soul to the devil and take one of these.

I'm thinking it might be easier to just throw in a lower-mileage split-port motor, then do this. My single-port has a good 130K hard miles.

MadStang

HAHA WUT
I think we already have the perfect candidate car, Im going to speak this over with Steve and see what we can do.

Orodi

My name is Steve and I work for Chad at On 3 Performance. I handle the SN95 forums website so if you are on there you are talking to me.
As far as the K-memeber I highly doubt it will need one on a v6 application. We have two turbos to choose from the On 3 performance Brand and the Master Power. We stopped offering the Turbonetics turbo due to not many people were buying them. The BOV and wastegate are On 3 brand.
Like I said in the first post I wanted to explore the market so I could bring it to Chad to see what he thinks and green light the build. If you guys have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Jhsephiroth

///Grafik Deziner
currently the only competitor is TMA Turbo.

From what I've seen from your turbo kits, this will be a very cost effective kit for v6 owners. And if it's priced anywhere around your current kits, I think it'll be a huge hit.

Maybe...there is also the cost of additional parts...injectors, fuel pump, maf, and the turbo itself that will put close to the 3k range when it's all said and done.

MadStang

HAHA WUT
Maybe...there is also the cost of additional parts...injectors, fuel pump, maf, and the turbo itself that will put close to the 3k range when it's all said and done.

$1800 for a kit w/ turbo.

you can find a maf, injectors, and pump for dirt cheap on forums everywhere. Only thing you can't avoid is the cost of a tune.

Still cost efficient IMO. And is around the cost of used Procharger kit but much more power efficient.

Orodi

Our kits come with our brand 70mm turbo. You would only need injectors MAF and fuel pump.
Also I forgot to mention that we carry a 67mm Precision Turbo as well. They are a bit expensive but very nice turbos.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
What price range are you talking? I see other people throwing around numbers, just wondering what you actually had in mind.

Ortiz

Sup
eww. centrifugal FTL.

It was between that or the kenne bell but for what i want the procharger fits me best :thumbup:.

Back on topic - I've read so many threads here asking about a turbo kit for the 3.8 so this will be a major :thumbup: for you guys.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Only thing I can say is go for it. These cars have the potential with boost to run quick times on stock motor. Put it to you like this, if you guys dont market a kit, I just might have to just to see some other fast 6's.

I spoke with someone from on-3 a couple years back about building me a kit before I bought the centri.