To Turbo or not to Turbo

MadStang

HAHA WUT
It was between that or the kenne bell but for what i want the procharger fits me best :thumbup:.

Back on topic - I've read so many threads here asking about a turbo kit for the 3.8 so this will be a major :thumbup: for you guys.

turbo = damn near the same thing as centri but more efficient... I would just keep you On3 kit...

Ortiz

Sup
turbo = damn near the same thing as centri but more efficient... I would just keep you On3 kit...

I would, trust me but the turbo will not put anywhere near the power its supposed to with those stage 2 blower cams :(. Im definatly having the entire turbo kit for sale so that another person can enjoy it as much as i did:thumbup:. On3performance is a great company with great reviews (including my own) so im sure i wont have a hard time selling it. Its just easier and much more efficient to go centri for my type of application :eek:.

OP, there is a market for these kits, I know andy still gets bothered on a regular basis for people wanting to buy a kit off him. 70mm would be way too big for our cars, 67 is even a little much for a street car, start with r&d'ing something smaller if you decide to make kits. And are your "own brand" wastegate and bov made in the usa or outsourced from somewhere else? Id still offer the tubular K as an option, you can snake a 3" downpipe by the stock K, but it gets tight.

i'm pretty sure at this point you would be the primary provider, most new kits are home made and Andy might be doing turbo's on a limited basis.

Andy isnt doing kits anymore, at least not for a few years

MadStang

HAHA WUT
I would, trust me but the turbo will not put anywhere near the power its supposed to with those stage 2 blower cams :(. Im definatly having the entire turbo kit for sale so that another person can enjoy it as much as i did:thumbup:. On3performance is a great company with great reviews (including my own) so im sure i wont have a hard time selling it. Its just easier and much more efficient to go centri for my type of application :eek:.

swap cams? it's not that big of a deal...

your choice though, I just wouldn't put a centrifugal on a modular personally since we have so many options.

Ortiz

Sup
swap cams? it's not that big of a deal...

your choice though, I just wouldn't put a centrifugal on a modular personally since we have so many options.

True but i also would love to have a supercharger. I have already tried nitrous and a turbo so i figured what the hell, why not a supercharger this time :thumbup:. I do appreciate the insight though but i want to give centri a try :thumbup:.

Edit - I vote On3 becomes an official sponsor if they do make a 3.8 kit (Got several friends that would love to buy one)

Orodi

Yeah a 70mm is a bit big for a 4.6 and a 5.0L that is a stockish minor bolt on car. We would definatley go with something smaller I posted up what we currently offer. I talked to Chad and he wants to do it so I am going to get things rolling ASAP. I will keep you guys posted as it happens.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Biggest thing that needs to be kept in mind is that 350whp is about the max on stock internals. if the kit made 300whp I think people would be stoked about that.

I would go a little further and say 400rwhp with a good tune.

True but i also would love to have a supercharger. I have already tried nitrous and a turbo so i figured what the hell, why not a supercharger this time :thumbup:. I do appreciate the insight though but i want to give centri a try :thumbup:

How about a kb?? What centri are you planing to get?? Your gonna max a d1sc or t-trim at about 600rwhp. kb will give a little less but with a killer tq curve. Def the way to go for a sc imo.

Ortiz

Sup
I would go a little further and say 400rwhp with a good tune.

How about a kb?? What centri are you planing to get?? Your gonna max a d1sc or t-trim at about 600rwhp. kb will give a little less but with a killer tq curve. Def the way to go for a sc imo.

I will not have any traction with the kb due to the low end torque and if i get a set of DRs then it'll be bye bye halfshafts. Nate told me he was going to go with a Novi so i am considering that option. Right now i just want the car in my possession :D and then worry about the rest when we get to it. Sorry for cluttering this thread Steve.

Jhsephiroth

///Grafik Deziner
Yeah a 70mm is a bit big for a 4.6 and a 5.0L that is a stockish minor bolt on car. We would definatley go with something smaller I posted up what we currently offer. I talked to Chad and he wants to do it so I am going to get things rolling ASAP. I will keep you guys posted as it happens.

Sounds great. I'd like to see the set up and especially how you all design the exhaust dump pipe.

Francis

Seattle, WA>Texas
only difference in kits would be the shape/lengh of the last silicone piece on the upper intake :lol:

This.

If I managed to save up some money during college I would definitely be interested in purchasing a kit. I most likely would have to wait until I graduate. If you are still offering kits at that time I will certainly seriously consider purchasing one.

Orodi

Yes it does look like just a different peice on the intake pipe works. Cool thing is you can flip the headers around so that will make it easy.