To Turbo or not to Turbo

Orodi

Ok I am going to talk to Chad this afternoon about the details about building this kit. If there is anyone in the Columbus OH area that would consider letting us use their car for the mock up that would be great the car I had lined up fell through. This would need to be a car that is NOT the sole transportaion of someone. I will get into furthur details this evening after talking to Chad and hashing everything out. The guidlines would be a stock car or with minor bolt ons nothing removed i.e. AC PS SMOG etc. We design our kits to be put on a stock car.

MadStang

HAHA WUT
Ok I am going to talk to Chad this afternoon about the details about building this kit. If there is anyone in the Columbus OH area that would consider letting us use their car for the mock up that would be great the car I had lined up fell through. This would need to be a car that is NOT the sole transportaion of someone. I will get into furthur details this evening after talking to Chad and hashing everything out. The guidlines would be a stock car or with minor bolt ons nothing removed i.e. AC PS SMOG etc. We design our kits to be put on a stock car.

like I told you earlier, I've got a car here in Cali that's practically stock, low miles and split port... perfect candidate and the owner is willing to mock it up and advise what works and what doesn't.

MadStang

HAHA WUT
haha yeah I have done it all and I like turbos the best. On a road course I prefer N/A though.

turbo or centrifugal on a road course are best IMO, allows the power to be added to the wheels gradually versus instantaneous power. That's why my roush will just be a street car with limited track days because of the roots blower. I want to build a turbo 302 for road racing.

Orodi

I have just gotten used to N/A motors on the track but I am going to see how my turbo setup does.

Domingo

LT's on a vert

Might be too far, but pm sent.

Whelk

I assume you'd be making turbo headers for this app. Do you intend to clearance for both power steering and A/C? Single turbo only, or twins? Would the kit include fuel system upgrades? Will it pass E-check?

At a 1.5-2K price break I'm plenty interested.

Orodi

We intend to bolt this kit onto a totally stock car "off the showroom floor" if you will. Without having to remove anything. The first kit would be a single turbo setup and I would possibly get into a twin setup down the road. As far as the fuel system we sell that separate from the kit with the V8 cars because 9 out of 10 people have fuel system upgrades already done. With the V6 cars The kit might be a bit higher in cost but I will see what the cost is for a v6 application and get back to you. As far as E-check no more than likely the car will no longer be able to pass. There are some shops that you can get them to sign off on it anyway, that part is up to you.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
If that is seriously a tough call, pull out of the performance game completely..or highly reconsider future plans in racing

If everything were equal, I'd say turbo wins hands down, but the fact of the matter is that I already have longtubes and going turbo would add cost and change the exhaust sound. If everything were free I'd have 1000+ hp in the car already.

My convertible mustang will never be a real race car.

Edit: for the right price though, I'll certainly jump at the chance for more power