To Turbo or not to Turbo

RustyRodder

Dumbass. That's you.
I for one see this as a great oppertunity for the V6 community. A lot of people want to go with a turbo or supercharger but once they see the cost they balk at it and don't consider it anymore. If this kit does become a reality, I don't see why we can't modify it a little bit to mate it to my M112 kits. After all, I've always wanted a compound boost v6...

curious....curious....

ESG-642T

Custom Camshaft's R US
I for one see this as a great oppertunity for the V6 community. A lot of people want to go with a turbo or supercharger but once they see the cost they balk at it and don't consider it anymore. If this kit does become a reality, I don't see why we can't modify it a little bit to mate it to my M112 kits. After all, I've always wanted a compound boost v6...

I think most people would rather not run nice cool air through the m112 microwave :p

Duke

God
I think most people would rather not run nice cool air through the m112 microwave :p

Twincharging is inherently flawed. Whatever compressor is least efficient will become the bottleneck no matter how good the other one is. You really can't compensate for it. You're better off going with either a single/twin turbo (proven pretty much in every automotive endevour) or a sequential. The sequential is a bit more complicated but adds as much weight and the power is arguably better, not to mention the powercurve which can be just the same as twincharging (full boost on the small turbo, then switch to the larger turbo for the increase in air for high rpms). And with twincharging, cooling the charge is easier as you can use the same cooler, and you remove the Heaton from not only sitting on top of the engine, but from killing you with heat soak.

ESG-642T

Custom Camshaft's R US
Twincharging is inherently flawed. Whatever compressor is least efficient will become the bottleneck no matter how good the other one is. You really can't compensate for it. You're better off going with either a single/twin turbo (proven pretty much in every automotive endevour) or a sequential. The sequential is a bit more complicated but adds as much weight and the power is arguably better, not to mention the powercurve which can be just the same as twincharging (full boost on the small turbo, then switch to the larger turbo for the increase in air for high rpms). And with twincharging, cooling the charge is easier as you can use the same cooler, and you remove the Heaton from not only sitting on top of the engine, but from killing you with heat soak.

Who needs sequential, have you seen the spool time on the precision billet wheel turbos:crazy:

hunter1d

Ok we will just wait, after reading this thread, the only reason I have just about all the bolt ons, and not forced induction is the price at one time. With that said, I am tired of just a regualar car or just any ole car running faster times. I have to go with forced induction or buy something else. I like my car too well to do that so forced induction is the way to go, just have to save.

WhydidIbuyaV6?

So I joined just so I can say I'm in if,
the total cost for my stock (besides dual exhaust) is 1.5k
But I need it to be reliable and make at least 300rwhp.

leo2hot4tv

2hot4GT:LOL
So I joined just so I can say I'm in if,
the total cost for my stock (besides dual exhaust) is 1.5k
But I need it to be reliable and make at least 300rwhp.

I don't see that. You have to tune, buy injectors and a new pump. It'll likely put you over a grand and a half.

Isambard

Damn chipmunks!
I don't see that. You have to tune, buy injectors and a new pump. It'll likely put you over a grand and a half.

You are very good at reading bad grammar. I'm still trying to figure out what he's said. Did his car cost 1.5k? Is he only willing to spend 1.5k? Buhhhhhh.

Anyway, it seems like On3 offers kits with new TB's and injectors for not much more in terms of cost. I wonder if they'll offer an upgraded MAF with it too so I can just throw it all on at once and blow something up :p

leo2hot4tv

2hot4GT:LOL
You are very good at reading bad grammar. I'm still trying to figure out what he's said. Did his car cost 1.5k? Is he only willing to spend 1.5k? Buhhhhhh.

Anyway, it seems like On3 offers kits with new TB's and injectors for not much more in terms of cost. I wonder if they'll offer an upgraded MAF with it too so I can just throw it all on at once and blow something up :p

:lol: I've worked with kids, it's an acquired skill. He said he'll only buy it, if and only if, the total cost of the project is $1,500 or less. I doubt it, FI is expensive even if the kit itself is ridiculously cheap. Things come up and there are other factors to be ready for, like blowing things up.