Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Took the car to the track!

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by SeXiBlOnDe18, Oct 10, 2005.

1. aryanracer88

aryanracer88 Master of the PoonTang

Nope he was an ok driver, I drove the car, others drove the car. Just a p.o.s. It had a 3" downpipe, boost controller at 13psi, intake pipe replaced with hi flow unit, all intercooler pipe replaced, big front mount ic. When taking off, you couldn't "dump" the clutch, if you did the entire front end would hop. Oh yeah it had a great act clutch too. Just a wore out pos.

2. reb

reb Honda Eater..

Nice Kills, you should look into either a turbo kit or that new procharger supercharger kit..

I know with that Procharger kit you will be killing the 2005/06 GT's...

That would be freakin' awesome, hahah!!

3. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

4. SFrymyah

SFrymyah Hi, I'm Steven

tires and bushings would have made it unstopable. i bet it was a wild highway car.

wheelhop killed those cars.

someone still sucks at driving, that car, especially on 13 lbs should be running 14 flat no problem

5. Saleens8

Saleens8 Baaa Baaa

Now why is it, all the girls who are cool as hell are always taken??

6. SeXiBlOnDe18

SeXiBlOnDe18 Wished 4 a GT

well i contacted Powerhouse411 and asked about there new turbo project and they said it should be ready about mid january, but there V6 project is runnin 12.50 @ 111. and it was said to be runnin about the same boost level as the prochrager system and around about the same cost, im leanin toward the turbo just for the sound! it would sound pretty BAD :crazy: :crazy: Seein how it wont be on a RICER! But for the time being im prolly gonna run the juice on it cuz im b/f just bought a kenny bell from a guy that is tryin to go to bigger and better special built motor! soOoOo.... soon as i find out whats goin on i will let yall no!

7. reb

reb Honda Eater..

Prochargers have a BOV as well, and the signature whine of a supercharger is pretty **** intimitading... my dads 05 gt has a procharger on it and we are runnin around 16psi with no problems yet... the blow off sounds just like a turbo kit would..

8. SeXiBlOnDe18

SeXiBlOnDe18 Wished 4 a GT

Yea i dont know yet! it would look pretty badd *** when i pop the hood! and for around the same cost i just might have to go with the new procharger, they recommend somewhere around 9psi i wonder how much boost the stock motor of the v6 could hold:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

10. reb

reb Honda Eater..

much more, i would guess 14-16 psi, As long as its propery tuned

11. nightstallion83

nightstallion83 Frequent Flyer

Nice job on the kills- did you race the car on the street, or did your friend race then too? J/W Looking forward to hearing what your car can do in the future. (Go TURBO!)

12. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

i dont think it could take 16 psi on stock internals...

13. emoney8924

emoney8924 BOOOOST

aryanracer88, SFrymyah is right, and 14k for just that?? where did he buy the parts? that seems a little high for that, boost controller is like $50-100, FMIC with labor i could see about $1200, intake $100, down pipe i had on my talon was an Apexi N1 $500.. and tell him to twist that controller, that motor will take it... i had mine running 19psi, with a 50 shot of nitrous heat soaking the **** out of the side mount

14. BigRedBeast98

BigRedBeast98 New Member

CAI and exhaust won't drop you down to 15 flat, it may subtract a tenth or 2 at the most. Also, are you an automatic or manual? Get exhaust (not too loud or the V6s start to sound ricey), but save your money for a SC or a turbo ( or an LS1;) )

And I agree that the stock internals won't handle 16 PSI, I'd stick to around 8 or 9 AT THE MOST so you don't melt any rings or head gaskets... Don't just slap it on either, make sure its tuned and you have no detonation, wouldn't wanna see a nice new car with a few thousand miles on it with a blown engine...

15. BigRedBeast98

BigRedBeast98 New Member

And Reb, what kinda wheels are those on your stang?

16. reb

reb Honda Eater..

Chrome 17x9 and 17x 10.5 DD Bullits

17. aryanracer88

aryanracer88 Master of the PoonTang

Well he bought an extreme psi intake with filter from a "friend" that deals in wholesale car parts. I think he was ripped off. He paid like 250-300$ for the intake, 950$ for the front mount and another 350$ for all the pipe and I helped install it. He paid 9K for the car with a blitz body kit and new paint from the same "friend". Boost controller was like 250$ apexi, down pipe was less than 500 though I think like 300$ A full suedo cat back that dude charged him like 600$ for. I still think dude ripped him off. I told him if he had bought a 5.0 foxbody and put that much into it he would have a 7.20 1/8 car or less. I know this because a friend of ours built on that ran that time for right at 10k. Oh yeah boost gauge reads 13-14psi but I do not think it is really that high. I told him to get a 14b, and get rid of the T too small.

18. alexr

alexr Canadian

Honestly! If you were trying to avoid such statements as:
    you wouldn't have plastered your face all over the internet. And having the handle of "SeXiBlOnDe18" doesnÂ’t help either. There is no explanation to your actions other than you must have a need for anonymous attention. So quit b!tching!

19. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

x2

20. zinc_yellow_232

zinc_yellow_232 New Member