Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Took the car to the track!

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by SeXiBlOnDe18, Oct 10, 2005.

1. moe man

moe man Red fury

You could go ahead and do the nitrous. It will hook up to your intake, then if you need to take it in for warranty purposes just put your spare intake on they will never know you had nitrous.

2. Mustang007

Mustang007 Fire Medic

Exactly. But I wouldn't start out with a 100 shot. Stick to a 75 to be safe until alot of other people say that a 100 shot is safe, don't be a guinea pig. Also, I would get gears and T-Lok first so you won't have to worry about getting a reburn on a chip.

3. Rygen

Rygen New Member

Good Job!!! :thumbup: Thats a good first run. I know a few that actually hit the 14's stock, but they were vet's on the strip. You should expect 14's after some decent perf mods.

4. Rygen

Rygen New Member

Thats a good call, hold off on the nitrous and get a feel for the car. I would focus on practicing in your car. As for blowing your motor, the key to our 4.0's is not to get to aggressive on the power adders, and focus on power adders that focus on 5400 RPM or lower (this is arguable, but for newbies its a good rule). Be very careful, a lot of shops do not have experience with our 4.0's and will do anything to sell a power adder to you (mine included). They'll put the power adder at a really high RPM, then all of the sudden you are blowing gaskets and pistons. If its your first time I reccomend a ZEX racing kit, has a lot of safety extras. And for now, stick with 75-100HP shot. But before you mess with that, you should get a TLOK...as for gears...4.10's are great off the line...but are not so much fun if you do a lot of highway driving. The TLOK will strengthen your rear end, our stock rear ends are not that strong. With a TLOK, grilde, etc they will be strong enough for 300RWHP easy, possibly 400RWHP is planned properly. If you plan on going over 150HP shot, then you should replace your pistons just to be safe. Some of this is theory, some facts I pulled from friends on other boards and in my local mustang clubs.

Again, stick with shops that have a lot of experience with Explorer and Ranger engines. Our engines were designed by Ford Europe, and have a ton of chains. They are nothing like the 5.0, 4.6 and 3.8 engines. They are strong engines, but are a bit...complicated.

PM me if you have any questions, my car is a project car for my local shop (the only 05 they have) and got some good insight from people that are already running a ton of mods on thier cars.

Regards,

5. SeXiBlOnDe18

SeXiBlOnDe18 Wished 4 a GT

thanx thats really good advice i dont know what im going to do yet my boyfriend is buying the mods for me but he also tells me what i should and shouldnt do to it to....which is good cuz i dont know n*e*thing about cars! Im really trying to get him to get me that nitrous setup just becuz we can gte it real cheap and use it later on! i think i would prolly start on a 50 shot just to be safe becuz i havent even used the nitrous on his auto yet he wont let me use it yet but he does have a 100 shot and hes about to up it to 150 shot but hes suppost to let me try it once i get the feel for it:D

6. Rygen

Rygen New Member

Sounds good! Don't get used to his car too much, for example our cars do not have sway bars. This will change the way the car handles down the strip, and how the car feels with N20.

Also, get rid of the stock tires. They suck. You can get some PNero take offs real cheap on ebay. Thats what I did. $600 bucks with GT take off bullet rims.

For my fog lights, I just ran a basic switch to the dash, and hooked it up to the battery. Put the switch on the head light switch panel, looks clean....has a stock look. I can take pics if you like. Its the same switch that come with a lot of GT fogs for the 6's on ebay.

7. SeXiBlOnDe18

SeXiBlOnDe18 Wished 4 a GT

yea thats prolly what i will do, not to try to make it a GT but i just like how the GT fogs look in the grill sort of clean looking.... who knows i just might hit the lotto and buy me a blower...lol:D

8. Rygen

Rygen New Member

If you like the pony grille on the new 06's then try this, complete kit, even if you don't know electronics. I know people that did this mod in 2 hours themselves, and they are automobile idiots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...33645QQitemZ8011617794QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If you want a GT grill, then get the Street Scene kit. It's complete as well with wires and switch.

Your BF could probably do this mod in less than 2 hours, I did my fog light kit in 60 minutes.

Cheers!

9. flamingpony

flamingpony New Member

the new 05's love nitrous. know your car before u mod it big time itll keep u and ur car safe..

10. Rygen

Rygen New Member

Nice ride you got there, I bet it handles and runs sweeeet!

11. flamingpony

flamingpony New Member

runs like crap haha i went to get tuned about month half ago the guy didnt know jack crap so $500 later i said enough getting tuned a week from sat at steeda.ca they are good guys and know whats going on,.

spring time..longtubes,15lbs boost,tub k memember,8.8 rear

12. Rygen

Rygen New Member

Good luck, are you gonna stroke it to 4.3. I just read a post that the 3.8's can put out 275 when stroked to 4.3.

13. flamingpony

flamingpony New Member

nope this is a brand new engine i went with a 3.8 cause everyones doing the 4.2..4.3 thing my goal is 350rwhp thats all.. i made 280rwhp on stock engine @11psi boost

14. Rygen

Rygen New Member

right on! I'm impressed, a real sleeper there. I would love to see you smoke a ricer.