Top 20 Internet Millionaires Under 30 - [Inspiration Inside]

Mustangered

I dunno where the numbers came from.. but WOW!

Let's check out this list of young internet millionaires under 30.

1. Mark Zuckerberg [ Facebook ] 23 years old | $700M

2. Andrew Gower [ Runescape ] 28 years old | $650M

3. Blake Ross and David Hyatt [ Mozilla ] 22 years old | $120M

4. Chad Hurley [ Youtube ] 30 years old | $85M

5. Angelo Sotira [ Deviant ART ] 26 years old | $75M

6. John Vechey [ PopCap Games ] 28 years old | $60M

7. Alexander Levin [ WordPress ] 23 years old | $57M

8. Jake Nickell [ Threadless ] 28 years old | $50M

9. Sean Belnick [ Biz Chair ] 20 years old | $42M

10. Kevin Rose [ Digg ] 30 years old | $31M

11. Ryan Block [ Engadget ] 25 years old | $20M

12. Aodhan Cullen [ Stat Counter ] 24 years old | $18M

13. Tom Fulp [ Newgrounds ] 29 years old | $15M

14. Rishi Kacker and Matt Pauker [ Voltage ] 24 years old | $12M

15. Markus Frind [ Plenty of Fish ] 29 years old | $10M

16. Catherine and David Cook [ My Year Book ] 17 & 19 years old | $10M

17. Fredrik Neij [ The Pirate Bay ] 28 years old | $10M

18. David Hauser & Siamak Taghaddos [ GotvMail ] 24 years old | $8M

19. Jermaine Griggs [ Hear and Play ] 23 years old | $5M

20. Jay Westerdal [ Domain Tools ] 29 years old | $5M

stangFLIP

Just call me mike.
i had an idea for something i was going to patent and try to sell, just have no idea how to go about selling the patent, and it costs about $2,000 just to get a preliminary patent.

so i guess ill remain poor with a really cool idea

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
Kevin Rose isn't really rolling in money. Digg has a lot of traffic and a high estimated value, but that doesn't equal money in his pocket. He covered this a while back on an episode of diggnation after they printed a magazine article about how he is a multi-millionaire. I wouldn't be surprised if others on the list fell into the same category.

edit: he is not under 30 either.

Derick

Best Of The Best
meh...pocket change

i patented the "hyperlink" long before the interwebs came about. i receive 1 penny for every hyperlink that is clicked on the interwebs.

YZBot

is made from stars.
i had an idea for something i was going to patent and try to sell, just have no idea how to go about selling the patent, and it costs about $2,000 just to get a preliminary patent.

so i guess ill remain poor with a really cool idea
Patent costs are rediculous. It really makes it hard for a basement inventor. I was searching a while back for an idea I had and was amazed at what it would cost. My idea was the ability to digitally record a radio broadcast in your car audio reciever. It would work kind of like a DVR. There have countless times I wish I could have rewound the broadcast to listen to a song again or catch a news or traffic report. It turned out there were a bunch of similar patents already so it was pointless for me.

It would be so easy to implement yet no one does it.

Mustangered

Kevin Rose isn't really rolling in money. Digg has a lot of traffic and a high estimated value, but that doesn't equal money in his pocket. He covered this a while back on an episode of diggnation after they printed a magazine article about how he is a multi-millionaire. I wouldn't be surprised if others on the list fell into the same category.

edit: he is not under 30 either.
Yah I agree I dunno how accurate the numbers are and what they are based on.

I saw the same article "How I (kevin rose) made $60 million" and then Kevin Rose said something like "I dunno who made $60million but it wasn't me!"