tr7 plugs

02edge

anybody run tr7 plugs with f/i I just read ricos build for the first time and saw he swapped to them and am curious if it would be a smart move for me

Codi_P

TGOD
For any low to mid level boost I will always recommend a TR6 or an Autolite 103. Your gap depends on your setup.

chaoticdismay

the rippin and the tearin
I had br7ef plugs.

I went with them because they are a non-projected plug vs the tr series being projected (meaning the br plugs don't stick out as far from the head as the tr series do; be aware that this makes them colder, so the br7ef is actually 2 steps colder than the tr6 plugs).

JTsStang

Boosted V6
I had br7ef plugs.

I went with them because they are a non-projected plug vs the tr series being projected (meaning the br plugs don't stick out as far from the head as the tr series do; be aware that this makes them colder, so the br7ef is actually 2 steps colder than the tr6 plugs).

So you are saying the br7ef is a shorter plug, or a shorty style plug? If so this exactlly what Im looking for. The way I built my headers on the pass side the header is to close to the rubber boot and it keeps burning them up on cyl 2. I think a shorter plug would give me enough clearance to be able to stick a peice of 1/4" ceramic in between the header and plug boot and should keep them from burning up.

By chance would you know how much shorter they are than the 103's or tr6's?

02edge

Who makes that plug Rico also did you prefer it over the other choices and what benefit would I het running that cold a plug

chaoticdismay

the rippin and the tearin
So you are saying the br7ef is a shorter plug, or a shorty style plug? If so this exactlly what Im looking for. The way I built my headers on the pass side the header is to close to the rubber boot and it keeps burning them up on cyl 2. I think a shorter plug would give me enough clearance to be able to stick a peice of 1/4" ceramic in between the header and plug boot and should keep them from burning up.

By chance would you know how much shorter they are than the 103's or tr6's?
The tip is shorter:

You're lucky that I just changed plugs and happened to have some TR6s laying around ;).

See how the TR6 plug (right) tip projects further than the BR7EF tip does (in fact, it doesn't project at all).

Who makes that plug Rico also did you prefer it over the other choices and what benefit would I het running that cold a plug
NGK, same maker of the TR6 plugs.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Thanks Rico. Dont think they are going to work like I thought. Guess i'm going to have to shell out the money for 3 spark plug adaters like j runs on his car.

Codi_P

TGOD
I had the BR7's on my car but didn't like them. They were a little too cold. If you're getting closer to 20 lbs though, it's the way to go. My uncle had TR7ix's on his Ford GT and it ran great with them.