Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tuner Questions

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Foxblade, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Foxblade

Foxblade New Member

hello, just wondering if a tuner is worth it for a stock 2011 model, even if it's a V6? Also, should I buy my own tuner and do it myself or go to a autoshop? I don't have much knowledge on the insides of cars, so not sure if I'd be able to do it. Also if anyone knows where to learn about that stuff, I'd like to know!

Thanks!

2. austinh1999

austinh1999 New Member

A good dyno tune is usually always better than an etune. So if you have someone near you and you have the money, do a dyno tune. If you want to do an etune, I suggest going with MPT. Bama is nice if you get free tunes for life if you do tune required mods often, but they don’t support aftermarket forced induction and their tunes aren’t as quality as MPT.

Yes it is worth it to tune a stock v6. Diff gears and a tune are the best non boost mods that can be done to these cars in my opinion.

As far as tuning goes unless you are running a software where you can edit the pcm yourself, handhelds make it easy to install tunes so you don’t have to know much about how it works.

DocBoyales likes this.
  3. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

I agree with austinh1999. I will also add if you will be doing mods little by little the American muscle/Bama free tunes is the way to go. I understand that lots of mods don't require a tune, but honestly if you're spending the money on them why not get the most possible gains by using a tune. I use Bama tunes and they have been getting better and better as time goes on, so maybe they'll be as good as the other guys sometime soon.

4. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

don't waste your money on a tuner chip card device its all crap that's for people with mods that need to change things on the go upload new tunes all the time turbo and nitrous ect

but if u know of a good tuner in your area you can take it and get it dyno tuned and he can very much enhance ur driving experience for u he will make a huge difference for u u get one good tune and leave it alone in my opinion its better for ur money and ur situation and ur desired effect from ur lack of mods

DocBoyales likes this.
  5. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

Also a good point.