Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tuner

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Joseph Brzuska, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Joseph Brzuska

Joseph Brzuska Member

Ok so you will all think I'm an idiot but I have a question. I bought my friends sct tuner from him but it was in married to his old v6 so when I got home I was curious and I plugged it in to my car and was look at all the stuff and while I was looking at it, it slipped out of my hand and when I caught it I accidentally pressed the continue button and it was on his custom tune and it started to download the tune and I pulled it out of the obd poet am I fine or should I be worried

2. 13v6

13v6 Member

Wow, I really don't know but I would say you're safe. Since it was married to the other car, it probably didn't get the ECU unlocked to actually do the download (actually it's an upload but SCT doesn't know the difference). Get it back to your friend and have him put his factory tune back on and get it unmarried. Otherwise, you'll be spending big money to get SCT to unlock it. On top of that, you'll want to buy a custom tune for your car. If it's a Bama tuner, and probably others, it will have a strategy tune that you can use (after getting it unmarried) but they won't be as good as a custom tune.

3. Joseph Brzuska

Joseph Brzuska Member

Yea unfortunately he traded in his old car so I have to pay 150 to get it unlocked