1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

turn signals/brake lights not working

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 99Vsex, Apr 22, 2010.

Social Buttons
  1. 99Vsex

99Vsex New Member

so my turn signals nor my brake lights work (EXCLUDING the 3rd brake light, that still works fine) my running lights still work like normal as well. so this has been an occurring problem... whenever i would hit my flashers button it would blow a fuse to make my turn signals not work, no prob just replace the fuse and not use the flashers. BUT i was pulled over by the fuzz and natural instinct was to hit the flashers. and BAM! all out again. but this time there is no blown fuse. :confused: what could it be? my turn signal switch? ive heard the turns/brakes work together. and how much of a pain in the *** is it to do?
  2. 99Vsex

99Vsex New Member

hmmmm. nevermind guys! haha i feel dumb. my flashers still dont work BUT i pressed my flasher button and both blinkers and brake lights now work :) im happy again. but any idea why my hazards dont work?
  3. leo2hot4tv

leo2hot4tv 2hot4GT:LOL

maybe a wiring problem if the fuses check out. A relay may also be the culprit. I'd start taking it apart and see what's going on.
  4. Detailer_Dave

Detailer_Dave New Member

A lot of issues like yours turn out to be the multi-function switch, otherwise known as the turn signal switch. The third brakelight is a different circuit.
  5. leo2hot4tv

leo2hot4tv 2hot4GT:LOL

When he says the flasher's I'm guessing he means the hazards.
  6. 99Vsex

99Vsex New Member

yea i corrected myself later and said hazards. naturally one would put two and two together. i though of buying a new switch but since theyre 108+tax ill just pass on them because i can live without hazards or flashers; whatever we'd like to call them.