TV Discussion Thread

Wandler

@nwandler
Yeah, Orange Cassidy owns and is a great character. He was sitting in the crowd last week.

Edit: Make sure you watch AEW Dark on youtube tonight, gonna be a really wild match on there. Also, Jericho vs. Allin on Wednesday is going to be a Philly Street Fight so expect something crazy to happen.

Derick

Best Of The Best
yeah thats how i started looking into him. he's done some of their PPV events. need to watch those.

i hope he becomes a regular. him and mjf gonna carry aew.

Zuplar

Zup
So I called DirecTV yesterday, looking to cancel since I have YouTube TV, but in the back of my mind I could be swayed to keep it if they made it a good enough deal. I got retention, told him I wanted to cancel, he said oh well what are you switching to, I told him YTV, he was like yeah that's hard to beat. Well I could give you $20 off a month for 12 months if that would help you stay. I said well it'd take more than that to stay, he was like well we appreciate your business we'll get a box sent out to you for equipment. I was honestly very surprised they couldn't make a better offer than that. I've gotten way more before without even having to threaten to leave. I guess they really don't give a **** since ATT plans on getting rid of them.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Funny, I’m calling today to drop them for YTTV. Unless DTV goes all streaming, they won’t survive. And maybe they don’t want to.

Derick

Best Of The Best
We're debating YTTV. I did like the one trial we did. Still digging this watchtv though. Get my AEW and Cards games. I was going to have a small issue for the NLCS and on, but not looking like a problem anymore :lol: We're sticking with what we have for now and will check out the premium disney package. When that comes out, we'll be at $41/month so getting pretty close to YTTV cost.

Zuplar

Zup
Funny, I’m calling today to drop them for YTTV. Unless DTV goes all streaming, they won’t survive. And maybe they don’t want to.
I think there is always going to be a need for satellite for rural customers, but I could see DTV and Dish merging into the only entity.

Wandler

@nwandler
If it wasn't for NFL I could probably drop DTV but for now it's cheaper for me than any streaming option. ATT is losing their ass on the DTV deal and are already looking to dump it. Also, I can't get very good OTA stuff for live sports. Setting up Sonarr and Plex gives me access to any TV show I want, just takes a day to show up (and commercials cut out).

Wandler

@nwandler
Watched the first 3 episodes of the new Paul Rudd show on Netflix. Pretty decent so far. Curious to see where it goes after this episode.

Derick

Best Of The Best
ive been paying attention while the wife watches it. about episode 3 i said "this is a long ass movie". :lol: didn't realize it was a new show.

Derick

Best Of The Best
aew rocked last night. wish they wouldn't do that picture in picture crap and play so many commercials though. every match has a break and you miss some stuff

Wandler

@nwandler
aew rocked last night. wish they wouldn't do that picture in picture crap and play so many commercials though. every match has a break and you miss some stuff
That's literally how televised wrestling has been forever. Unless it's a **** 5 minute throw away match, which they don't seem to have any interest in doing right now. PIP is better than just a straight commercial.