Updated Rim Photos post 81

JeffSeb

:lol: no, not for a claim. I had to take pictures of the car when I switched to a new insurance company. Something about insuring it for 100K they got a little suspicious :confused::facepalm:

I had to raise the front back up to a 2 finger gap because I was scraping EVERYWHERE :eek: and the back just sucks, 3 finger gap, I'm taking out the prokit and doing a little cutting on my stock springs unil I can find what I want for the back :mad:

But really, I wanted to post pictures of the new rims on, but they are supposed to be here this morning and I still need to get the tires mounted and some of them need painted still.

But on the upside I will get my spare spoiler painted black at the same time :D

I will post those ASAP :D

MiniMach

Im yo' favorite cracka
Looking good!

And im sorry, but if you scrape everywhere at a little lower then that, then you need to learn to drive a lowered car. I hardly ever scrape anymore... and I live in the mountains, so its not low car friendly either. :lol:

Rapscallion

Like I give a ****
What scrapes Jeff? Your exhaust or your chin?

I rarely scrape at all but my chin scraping is pretty much inevitable on certain driveway exits.

JeffSeb

Just the cats going over speed bumps and into driveways (on the crest of the sidewalk) chin never scrapes. I go in at an angle and if it looks like I'm going to scrape the chin I find another route.

Its weird, I'm sure everyone experiences it but it looks really good in person (probably because you are not sitting on the ground when looking at it :lol:) when I take pictures it looks like it adds 2 inches of a lift to the car :facepalm:

but I will leave the slammed look to you ballers, this is a comfortable height I still scrape if I have a passenger but nothing too bad. The back on the other hand will be comming down one way or another. Even if I have to put a dead body back there

I do hope to get 2 more inches of width with the new rear rim/tires though. these are sooo sunken in.

JeffSeb

why did you insure it for 100k?
:facepalm: lol, sorry, internet sarcasm sucks. I didn't insure it for 100K, but I did get a rider for the aftermarket parts on it. They just wanted to have a picture on record of what it looks like. If I keep receipts and pictures they will reimburse me for all the aftermarket parts in case of an incident.

JeffSeb

$100k is a little steep. with my 03/04 cobra front and LT's, i rarely scrape if im careful. its clean though:D:thumbup:
you're right man, should have gone for the 200K...

I think its all in where you live if you are going to scrape or not. I live right next to the water and we have about 500 ft drop down to the water over maybe 300 yards.

If you've ever been to WA you know that everything is on a hill. especially when you get close to the ocean. With the hills, everyone has steep driveways to control the water run off.

JeffSeb

thanks rusty, wait until we get the new rims on. Maybe, just maybe I'll squeak out a lil :drool: from someone, :D

JeffSeb

I feel your pain Rusty. Atleast you can understand. I'll take a picture high centered on my driveway, :lol:

goldstang2k

Made in Canada
yea i want a drop too.. i dont live in the mountains or w.e.. but our roads are alot worse here because of the rapid heating/cooling so they only last for 5 years and its like 10 years before they are fixed... LOL.. and my driveway... yuck..

buddyantunez1

00' 3.8L v6
I think its all in where you live if you are going to scrape or not. I live right next to the water and we have about 500 ft drop down to the water over maybe 300 yards.

If you've ever been to WA you know that everything is on a hill. especially when you get close to the ocean. With the hills, everyone has steep driveways to control the water run off.
location does affect if you will or not. i live in a delta where the elevation remains withing 20ft or 140ft msl or so. but i also think road condition also plays in effect. our roads are terrible in MS so where they join in potholes or cracks, ill drag my collectors. but i just learn where these spots are and avoid them.

JeffSeb

so it is possible to slam you car in WA, this is my buddies GT. the car was almost perfect before he lowered it. now, maybe a year later, the undercarriage is absolutly tore up. He's broken a few headers from scraping, wore through a set of mufflers... so its possible, but I'm not willing to pay the price to look like that...

buddyantunez1

00' 3.8L v6
lol thats dumped! i want to sit that low for cruising around town. but yes, you will suffer some consequences when slamming a car.

JeffSeb

lol yeah you should see his tires, mangled.

and my focus is more on cornering and preformance than it is on being a baller... lol

thelatinguy7

Computer Engineer
lol yeah you should see his tires, mangled.

and my focus is more on cornering and preformance than it is on being a baller... lol
well if that's the focus jeff time to look for another car lol:crazy:

Just bustin' your chops man. The stang looks great :)