Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

upgrades

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by nac02, Dec 8, 2001.

1. nac02

nac02 Guest

I have just purchased a 1994 3.8 v6 and want to get atleast 200 hp out of it. What can I do, barring the obvious; nitro, turbocharger, etc., to get to that goal. I was considering dual exhaust,new headers, and cold air intake and underdrive pulleys.  I want to do most of this myself but I appitimize the word novice when it comes to cars. Thanks.

2. stalkerstang

stalkerstang Guest

if you want to make mods to your 3.8 and you want to do them yourself you can start by adding a dual kit.get the complete kit from h pipe back thats the best way to make power.instead of using the exsisting y pipe.
    you could also get a cold air kit with a throtle body and air meter.to get a little more into the engine you could port the upper an lower intake and if you felt like being a littlemore daring you could remove the heads and mill and port them also.there are several things you could do but it depends on how deep you want to get.if you want a set of heads or intake manifolds e-mail me i have a almost complete 3.8 from a 95 mustang.its better to have a extra set to do mods to rather then to your own so you wont need to disable your car untill your ready for the mods.any questions e-mail me.hope this gives you some ideas.

3. Shogunstang

Shogunstang Guest

you can change your TPS and cut the bar out of your MAS.

4. nac02

nac02 Guest

Here is another problem. I just wrecked it and the main reason was that the wheels were out of alignment, I think. The steering wheel would shake pretty violently in turns and at high speeds. Also, I was having a problem w/it spinning out REALLY EASY!. Could that have anything to do with the tires out of alignment or is that just typical for mustangs. Up until October, all I ever drove was toyotas that were passed down to me by my father (god help me), so rear wheel drive and 100+ horses are things that I am not used to. Anyway, the mustang is being fixed now ($4500) and in the meen time I am getting all the advice I can about it. Also, would lowering it greatly improve the handling and if so, how low (I have speed humps in my neighborhood). Sorry my message is so long. Thanks

5. Shogunstang

Shogunstang Guest

i noticed the shaking when either one of 2 things occured. Your wheels are out of Alignment or you have a bent rim. for lowering your car i would go no farther than a inch and a half. you will need to buy the steering offset for bumpersteer.but to improve handling just get a strut tower brace, gload brace and bushings.

6. blake95

blake95 Guest

check out my site....v6performance, what to do

7. Joker903

Joker903 Guest

Two things to remember about performance.  You first want to get all the air you can.  Next you want then get it all out, so you dont have back pressure.  Throttle bodies, cold air, ram-air and headers all come into play.  Then leaving your car the air needs two (dual) exhaust pips to keep exhaust flow even make sure to have an H-pipe or even better a X-pipe.  Remember 2 inch exhaust will do very well for you, but if you add all the things such as throttle bodies, cold air, and ram-air and new headers you might want more room to expand.  Then go for the 2.5 inch pipes I like borla exhaust they also have adapter kits for the v6.  I like bassini for the x-pipe.  2.5 inch pipes will make you lose torque if you dont have the power but that will handle you for the need few hundred horse power.

8. stalkerstang

stalkerstang Guest

YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET MORE AIR INTO YOUR ENGINE
    AND SHOULD TRY 2.5 EXHAUST YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME BACK PRESSURE TO KEEP THE POWER AND NOT BURN ANY VALVES I HAVENT HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT ADDING AFTERMARKET HEADERS SINCE YOURS IS A 94 AND IT SHOULD HAVE A SET OF TUBULAR MANIFOLDS ALREADY.
    I WOULD PORT YOUR INTAKE AND HEADS TO INCREASE AIR CONSUMPTION AND CHANGE OUT YOUR THROTTLE BODY AND AIR METER O IT CAN USE IT YOU ALSO COULD DO A RACE VALVE JOB EITHER 5 ANGLE OR FULL RADIUS THAT ALSO WILL ADD POWER BY ALOWING MORE AIR AND FUEL INTO THE CHAMBER AND IT ALSO COUL REV QUICKER DUE TO THE LESS RESTRICTIVE FLOW.