Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

V6 Exhaust Question

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Christian Ediger, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Christian Ediger

Christian Ediger New Member

I currently have a 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium. When it comes to exhaust I have roush axle backs currently. What I want to do is replace my stock headers with BBK long tube headers and BBK midpipe with high flow catalytic converters. As far as sound/performance what gains can I expect? I do want it to be a mixture of a little louder and little more HP. Also, I do want to tune my car, but should I wait until I have those parts on the car to keep from having to re tune it? upload_2017-3-5_14-28-52.png

2. 20003.8stang

20003.8stang Member

Others may want to chime in if I'm wrong because I do not have experience with 3.7s but I would say the biggest change would be sound obviously you would be louder. As for power it would probably be minimal but noticeable. As far as tuning I wouldn't think you would need to especially if you plan on doing more mods I would just wait until you have more that's what I did with my 00 v6 I did long tubes and off road H pipe and just waited to tune it.