Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

v6mustangsonline future direction

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by JpL4K3, Feb 4, 2013.

Should we open the website to all model Mustangs?

1. Yes. Lets redo the website for all Mustangs

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No. Lets keep this v6 exclusive

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

I wanted to create this thread to first of all to say thank you to all of the members and the moderator team that has jump started this website. I appreciate you guys that despite the more active forums out there, still give v6mustangsonline.com a chance to thrive and gain new members through word of mouth. I made this website with the intent to try and draw back the severely degraded V6 community with a forum geared mainly towards v6 mustang tech.

An idea was recently shared in the private moderators thread about the possibility of branching this website out to be more inviting to all types of Mustangs. I know there has even been some recent talk amongst other members of the site wanting to see a lot more member activity on the site. Fact of the matter is, a lot of people don't want to put the time or money into the V6. Understandable. v6 owners are also constantly upgrading to the GT which is obviously the better platform to mod from. This makes it tough to grow the forum to meet the activity expectations of our members.

So I ask as a forum we vote on which direction we want to take the site;

A. We keep it a v6 based website, and keep things going as it.
    B. We change the website to invite all types of Mustangs, and have a better chance of having a more active community.

Let's talk about this and share ideas! Your feedback is important.

2. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

like the fact of v6s only, but not a lot of sixxers on forums. i say we expand. we have very knowledgeable people for both v6 and v8.

3. Xzavier247

Xzavier247 Active Member

Well I like the v6 exclusiveness. But to get more people and interaction here this foundation has to expand. But one of the major rules should be no bashing or talking trash or talking down to other owners.

4. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

thats a rule everywhere and it still happens, lazy/careless mods are to blame

5. Norrisrn_V6Online

Norrisrn_V6Online New Member

I personally like how it's a v6 based forum. Yes it's slow but it's also relatively new still. How long has it been a site thus far?? Only main problem I see with expanding is all the V6 hate will come out and this is supposed to be a V6 based site. If expanding means keeping the site the ya I'm all for it. Would hate to see it turn into the other forums. Like 3.7 with a bunch of fan boys who half don't even own a mustang or even talk about mustangs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  6. Xzavier247

Xzavier247 Active Member

Sadly true. But that can't happen here. If I were a Mod I wouldn't be lazy ;)
    huhhmmhhhh jpl4k3

7. Jesse01V6

Jesse01V6 Away from V6's for now........

Keep it V6 themed only.

I fit into both myself. I have a 408W powered fox, but am very much interested in V6's. Too many forums that are open to all, I think it causes a loss of focus, and then its just another Mustang site.....

One thing I don't want to see is it turn into AFM. There are times when people need to be set straight and sometimes letting people argue something out is better than getting mods in there and issuing warnings to people and deleting posts.

One other thing that I don't want to see that AFM has overly adopted; over censoring. We are adults here, profanity is very much a nature of the car world, at the track and on the street. If a few people can't handle some swear words now and then, they need to grow a back bone and open their eyes to the real world.

Just my opinion. More exclusive to the V6 world would be better.

8. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

agreed on AFM i left that place back in november, only went back last week because i got a pm haha

just like MM is doing, it's turning into a bunch of newbs and cry babies

9. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

I like the V6 exclusiveness of this forum but if having a lot of members is the goal keeping it exclusive will not work. The Mustang Collective started out the same way. Most of the founding members and the owner drove sixers and wanted to have a site exclusive to them and a place you could go without the sixer bashers. That worked well for them for quite a while until virtually all of them either swapped to a V8 engine or traded for a GT. At that point they chose to open up the forum to all. It is still a very friendly site just like this one and they don't tolerated bashing or rude people on the site. Some of the other forms just let anything go so I choose not to frequent them.

The Mustang Collective also had a huge advantage in the beginning because of the extremely well received new S197 Mustang. But now that the S197 is getting old keeping new fresh threads about new builds and mods are getting fewer and fewer and a lot of people come onto forums asking questions that have been answered a thousand time already so some member on all of the forums just quite posting because it just gets to old hat. IMO

Bottom line it is up to you to figure out what you want the site to be. There are literally dozens of good Mustang forums out there that have a huge head start over this site. To gain a good following you will have to figure out a way to be unique in a way that attracts new members. Weather that is just V6 members or all Mustangs is your call.

10. blown245

blown245 Member

there are way more 6ers then what we have on the site we just gotta grab them from the other 50 mustang forums lol. I think this being only v6 was the best idea for a site because you can never really communicate well owning a 6er vs the 8 owners because most are childish and say we are missing 2 cylinders. I think we should stick to 6. (peter griffin laugh)

11. blown245

blown245 Member

If you need help with like getting us out there so we CAN recruit more 6ers let me know what I can do to help. I dont mind shedding a few bucks to have an exclusive site

12. Skargon

Skargon Active Member

How many times do we walk by a V6 mustang on the street? In a parking lot? Well, I say we design a printable card that we can place under the windshield wipers of peoples car's and keep them in our glove boxes, and try to expand it out that way as well, Because In my opinion not all people who drive mustangs are.. "Mustang enthusiasts.." And think that they just drive a crappy V6 and think they wouldn't be accepted. Well, the cards could show them that their is a safe haven for people who think they just own "another old car" and could make them feel better, and maybe get some awesome builds going, or at least some good visuals on car's that are in each of our local area's.

I do love the v6 only part of this web site, but eventually we will all upgrade at some point, weather it be a V8 or a BMW, or a Motorcycle; whatever we do we will eventually die off, except for the hard core V6 builds, they will be stuck and lonely, but if we had the cards, we could try to get other members from around the country, new to mustang sites in general, not just people who we see ask an exhaust question on another web site, and invite them here.

In conclusion, I don't think we should expand, I like the site the way it is, we just need new unique ways to invite people from around the country in. How many of you have a bunch of money lying around? Put an Ad in the news paper, seriously; it's pretty cheap for a black and white Ad, load it up on Craigslist.. "New Mustang V6 Website, Forum; Come learn! Share knowledge!" Etc.

Lets get this ball moving.

Here are two idea's I had, just some quick MSpaint work

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  13. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

all good feedback so far. Thanks guys keep it coming.

14. Skargon

Skargon Active Member

And now, for some not so helpful feedback..

We could all get the website tattooed on our foreheads. That would basically FORCE people to ask, or at least be interested. :|

15. unit1stealth

unit1stealth Member

Sorry, I haven't been much of an active user. Registered a while ago and forgot about it.

Just my two cents, for what it matters...

I've owned and operated a vBulletin gaming website for 2 years... Hit nearly 7000 users, with 1200 daily active users. One thing I've learned... Is that the online world is always evolving. And the only way to get to the top, and have an active site to attract users... Is by adapting to the ever changing environment. I myself own a 2007 V6, and love it. I'm always trying to figure out ways on how to upgrade it and make it look better. What I've noticed with other mustang forums, is they expand and then grow too large to manage because of a lack of staff, disorganization, etc. it would be a great accomplishment if this site were able to maintain itself while expanding. If you guys expand, which I would recommend you do... Make sure to keep in mind the main reason why you started this site. To serve the V6 mustang owners. To provide a place of discussion, meet fellow owners, etc. (one way is to have a pod sized for section for each set of model mustangs, and be able to serve all owners) As long as you remember you reason for this startup, I think expanding will greatly benefit the forum.

Hope you guys make the right decision. Good luck and drive on!

-Justin

16. mustang024

mustang024 Active Member

I believe we should bridge the gap and bring in the V8's The more the merrier,who cares what they say. When Jt and Jpl4k3 cars can walk have of modded 4.6/5.0 ( I am sure it will raise a few eyebrows). On turbo forums there were some diehard V8 guys intrigued by the power these sixxers are putting down. Thought about picking one up for a project.
    We are using the same chassis so things like brake / rear end / fuel / custom interior, would all help from a different prospective. Also classifieds would be more active as well becuase we can use lethal fpdm and hats, fuel pumps, injectors, MAF etc. Which will help our members mod their cars and show the everyday person these cars can move!

Just no Chevy boys they are the worst!

17. dbovine

dbovine Active Member

I too like that its a v6 site. I too have started a small forum for a local mustang club. There has been talk about expanding it for other makes and models, and I created a board called Frienimies but that was about as far as I decided to take it. We don't discourage past or future owners of mustangs from joining, or even just enthusiasts in the car world, but I decided that Keeping it just the Mustang Club was how I wanted to proceed, creating our own place. So for me I like keeping it v6, and I wish people would help out new people rather than just start bashing them telling them to search. Not saying its this site, but thats just how forums go in general. We all had to start somewhere, so cut people some slack, give them link if their questions is answered, and suggest searching. If a site wants more people to post, then lets not make them afraid to post. It takes just as long to bash the person as it does to answer.

18. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Write ups, write ups, write ups. That's what drew me in when I first started looking online when I had my first v6 many years ago. I stuck around because the site had plenty of write ups and if I had a question, the members would help me out no problem. We currently have a S197 4.0 here and I'll be doing some write ups on how to install long tube headers, cold air intakes, and many other mods. When 3.7 was dying from the Mustang area, I started posting up write ups on how to do such and such, the site blossomed back again for about 2-3 months and was active once again but the site was already on its way down and didn't last.

My point is that people go to forums to learn how to do free mods, find out about problems from their cars, or look at some bolt ons review. I believe this is the case and I will try my best to get some write ups for the S197 crowd.

19. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

I'm leaning to a V6 only. I would love to help promote the site as a V6 only site. Send me some stickers and I'll throw them on the car. Get non-forum people into the forums.

20. NiteMare_V6Online

NiteMare_V6Online Member

V6 Only!!

I agree with this. I've been on other Stang forums & this will turn into just another one that gets bulked up & lost in the melee. I like the idea of the card or even meet&greets at local bars or pool halls (pardon the short post, on my iPhone at work sneaking a break!)