Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

v6mustangsonline future direction

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by JpL4K3, Feb 4, 2013.

Should we open the website to all model Mustangs?

1. Yes. Lets redo the website for all Mustangs

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No. Lets keep this v6 exclusive

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. slonison

slonison Active Member

My true feelings? The era of the 3.8/3.9 motor is dead... It was technically the end of the pushrod for our generation and most people have conceded to moving onward. I, alone, have had my car for 10 years and basically "missed" the entire modding time period for my car. It allows us to mod our cars for super cheap, but most people who did the extensive modding to this generation have moved on.

I second this.

I literally have 100+ writeups book marked.

I just don't know how to incorporate them into this site: AKA I don't want to just copy/paste, but often times, I don't get a response from PMing the original poster. If you guys are down for me posting them (with giving credit and referencing original post), I'll unload in here... but until I get that confirmation, I'm pretty hesitant.

But yes, I crawled through SVTPerformance as well as 3.7 and there are a huge number of write-ups out there... don't bother asking for help at either place though (SVTP because they won't give it, and 3.7 because anyone who could have given help has already left).

2. Skargon

Skargon Active Member

Hell I don't see a problem with you posting them if you give credits, the people originally posted them to help whoever they could to begin with. I say go for it

3. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

Yeah, I don't see a problem as long as credit is given to the original writer

4. Kite Flyer

Kite Flyer New Member

If possible my vote is to keep it V-6 only and I WILL be posting more on my Mustang once I get my POS garage queen able to leave the garage under it's own power again.

Kite Flyer

5. SlowSix01

SlowSix01 Active Member

This imo. The 3.8 motor is old technology, and a v6. There aren't too many people into them anymore....and I don't think the community is going to be growing anytime soon. The 3.7 is a cool motor though.

I think an interesting idea would be to open the forum to ALL types of v6 cars. VW VR6, GM 3800 series, old turbo GNX's, etc

6. amustangrocks

amustangrocks Active Member

the only reason i wanted to join here is because it was for the V6`rs, period. over the last 5 yrs ive learned to ignore the bashing, but also sick of seeing it. nice to have a place where their is none. ive got memberships on a half dozen forums, they are all the same pretty much. keep it friendly for the V6 drivers and sunday modders and the super builds. forums become habit, i know i have 10,000 posts on afm over the years. sometimes its hard to get people to break out of their habits and try a new place, esp a new forum starting off and its kinda slow. it will take some time.

ive posted a link to this forum on my amustangrocksleather website hoping alot of people might see that. i agree as with every forum, people are gonna ask how to go dual exhaust..ya, ive answered that a hundred times, but that one guy asking might interest 50 new guys wondering also just browsing, and for them we need to answer and get those 50 to maybe join. theres alot of forums and competition out there, what makes this one unique? it already is, would hate to see that change. would like to see a couple hundred more members that would post up, and gets things jammin, but thats another story. ive had threads that have 5,000 views but only 80 posts. people are out there, just not posting.

i dont think the forehead tatoos is all that great of a idea, but maybe for some that are into ink. i`m on the fence with the profanity, doesnt matter to me and ya its commonplace anymore but might deter alot of people.

the cards is a good idea. silver horse racing started out with fliers at shows. any exposure is good. i would like to think the V6 market is good. not sure if its enough to sustain a special forum or what it will take to make it work, but i hope it is and does.

7. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

i want to keep it v6 oriented. but that doesn't mean this forum needs to be only about the 3.8s. i joined because of the great 3.8 tech articles we have and the guys doing pretty big builds with their 3.8s. are people doing the same with the 3.7s? dunno, but there's definitely potential for growth in that department.

also if people move onto GTs they can move onto other sites, there will be other people who will get into sixes

8. austinknoll

austinknoll New Member

we should promote more and try and keep it V6 for as long as possible. most GT guys (no offense if you are or have had one) are complete cocks. they think their cars are the fastest on the planet but at least we know we are slow :D im still torn between the two just because the aftermarket community is much better for V8s

9. Xzavier247

Xzavier247 Active Member

Can I change my vote lol :lol:

10. Norrisrn_V6Online

Norrisrn_V6Online New Member

Anyone know how or have connections with somone who can make decals/bumper stickers? I would put one or two even on my quarter windows! This is great advertisement.

11. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

PRPVinyl makes our Ortiz Performance decals.

12. Jesse01V6

Jesse01V6 Away from V6's for now........

I'm not saying we should not welcome V8 owners, but like was said above, keep the focus.

I'm a V8 guy saying this place should stay V6.

FYI too, some Ford guys are just as big a D-bags as some Chevy guys.

13. Norrisrn_V6Online

Norrisrn_V6Online New Member

Care to get us a price on them??

14. slonison

slonison Active Member

15. Skargon

Skargon Active Member

Daaamn Steve, that's a hellova list so far. :p

16. slonison

slonison Active Member

I started making it for myself originally as a reference sheet. When I started to reference it when helping other people, I figured making it public would be the biggest help.

17. mustang2k00

mustang2k00 No guts no glory

I like the idea of keeping it a all v6 website. To build more buzz about the website, my suggestion is to have all of the highly modified mustang owners to create build threads to show what they have all done, also explain why they picked the parts that they went with. It would hopefully show what the sixers can do, who has experience with what mods, and hopefully inspire more people to modify their cars.... Just my 2 cents..

18. SlowSix01

SlowSix01 Active Member

I have a build thread already.

These 3.8 motors have a lot of potential, but do to the v8 being more popular with performance guys there isn't much aftermarket for the car.
    If the suspension and chassis parts weren't the same modding the v6 would be highly custom and ridiculously expensive.

19. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

the tribe has spoken.. we stay the course.

20. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member