Valuing Animal Life over Human Life

TBR

TYVMSAP
Let us discuss.

I'll start by saying human life > animal life. There are stipulations on this.

-Someone will most certainly say "What if it's a pedophile!? They should die!". To that, I will simply say, get ****ed, you ****ing retard. The animal could surely be a pitbull with a habit of chasing little Caucasian kids down the street, or an elephant with a history of playing hop scotch with durpa durpa Indian folk.

In a neutral situation, both animal and human being capable of both right and wrong, a rational person should chose the human being every time.

Even in a lopsided situation, the being with the ability to communicate and function on a higher level is the superior being, and therefore offers a stronger moral conflict.

Also, if you're a known Christfag, and enter the thread spewing **** about animals being worth more, you should probably play power hour with a tub of draino, because you fail it.

Gameboy_J

Coming Soon...Coilovers.
I think animals are inherently less evil than humans are. Clearly Human life is valued in a higher regard than animal life (or cannibalism would be acceptable, lol) but I like animals far more than I like (most) people I have met.

TBR

TYVMSAP
I think animals are inherently less evil than humans are. Clearly Human life is valued in a higher regard than animal life (or cannibalism would be acceptable, lol) but I like animals far more than I like (most) people I have met.

While I agree with you, I think that falls more on the humans capacity for evil, over the animals capacity for evil. Obviously Roger the Golden Retriever can't order a nuke to drop on Afghanistan, nor can he pull a switchblade and steal your wallet. However, it is still an animal, and therefore lacks the reasoning of another human being. That alone should place human life on a far higher pedestal than animal life.

Also - Cannibalism is still practiced in the world today. While it's not exactly on the menu at McDonalds, it is fair to say it's not exactly non-existent.

tehnick

ʞɔıuɥǝʇ
Also, if you're a known Christfag, and enter the thread spewing **** about animals being worth more, you should probably play power hour with a tub of draino, because you fail it.

While I would pay good money to watch that, it would be better if they played russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver. That in itself might be worth paying to watch, but Bud Dwyer kinda ****ed it up. $20 says they would completely miss, accidentally shoot their dog, and blame it on divine intervention.

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado

God still loves you. :thumbup:

TBR

TYVMSAP
God still loves you. :thumbup:

But he doesn't love your pet dog. Because it doesn't have a soul, and is considered to be the Earthly equivalent to a ****ing rock. That's right - The being you devote your entire life to thinks your pet is worth about as much as the feces you paint the inside of your toilet bowl with.

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado

Gameboy_J

Coming Soon...Coilovers.
While I agree with you, I think that falls more on the humans capacity for evil, over the animals capacity for evil. Obviously Roger the Golden Retriever can't order a nuke to drop on Afghanistan, nor can he pull a switchblade and steal your wallet. However, it is still an animal, and therefore lacks the reasoning of another human being. That alone should place human life on a far higher pedestal than animal life.

Also - Cannibalism is still practiced in the world today. While it's not exactly on the menu at McDonalds, it is fair to say it's not exactly non-existent.

If you are saying that the ability to reason, or use rational thought is what makes human life more valuable then you run into "What if they were brain dead" or "what about those with mental retardation" issues. I have never been a dog before, so I cannot argue as to what they have the capacity to do or not to do. I am merely saying that people, more times than not, will choose to do what is best for them and disregard what is best for people as a whole even sacrificing other's welbeing in the process while being fully aware of their actions. I have yet to run into this issue with patches O'houlihan (my dog). :lol:

Yes, cannibalism is still practiced, but not looked highly upon in our country (which is what I was referring to).

TBR

TYVMSAP
If you are saying that the ability to reason, or use rational thought is what makes human life more valuable then you run into "What if they were brain dead" or "what about those with mental retardation" issues. I have never been a dog before, so I cannot argue as to what they have the capacity to do or not to do. I am merely saying that people, more times than not, will choose to do what is best for them and disregard what is best for people as a whole even sacrificing other's welbeing in the process while being fully aware of their actions. I have yet to run into this issue with patches O'houlihan (my dog). :lol:

Unfortunately, it's common knowledge that your pet isn't able to reason and comprehend on the same level as you are. While I'm not saying General Patches O'houlihan runs into walls because it tickles his pickle, chances are he's not going to move his rook to your queen.

Dennis1417

I get 10x's as pissed when I hear about animal abuse compared to a murder.

Humans are MORE IMPORTANT to our society than animals are....that's why people value them less. They're not as smart as humans and yada yada yada, but they cause no harm. Like already stated, animals don't have the capacity for evil that humans do. I think it is more wrong to abuse an animal than it is to abuse a human. Of course there are exceptions such as a helpless baby in a crib getting thrown across a room or something (I laughed when I thought of that) but I think you get the jist...

TBR

TYVMSAP

Humans are MORE IMPORTANT to our society than animals are....that's why people value them less. They're not as smart as humans and yada yada yada, but they cause no harm. Like already stated, animals don't have the capacity for evil that humans do. I think it is more wrong to abuse an animal than it is to abuse a human. Of course there are exceptions such as a helpless baby in a crib getting thrown across a room or something (I laughed when I thought of that) but I think you get the jist...

The scenario I present to you, is this.

You come across a man standing face to face with a pitbull. Both are clearly in fight/flight mode, however, you don't know which initiated the encounter.

You have a gun. Your gun has one bullet. You have to shoot one. Which do you shoot?

-The man is not black
-The man is not Jsnazzy

tehnick

ʞɔıuɥǝʇ

Animals tend to have evil traits because of how their master has treated them. Generally it's that way with anything that someone deems inferior that they can manipulate.

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado

You come across a man standing face to face with a pitbull. Both are clearly in fight/flight mode, however, you don't know which initiated the encounter.

You have a gun. Your gun has one bullet. You have to shoot one. Which do you shoot?

-The man is not black
-The man is not Jsnazzy

Why a pitbull? That question is kind of biased, since pitbulls are known and bred to be protective.

Dennis1417

-The man is not black
-The man is not Jsnazzy
I would go to prison for murder if I shot the man.

TBR

TYVMSAP
Why a pitbull? That question is kind of biased, since pitbulls are known and bred to be protective.

Good point, if it's a pitbull then the man is most likely black to begin with.

It really doesn't matter, just envision a dog proportionately capable of inflicting great harm. If it's a Chihuahua, we'll match it against a 7 year old or some ****.

For all I ****ing care, it could be Yao Ming vs a Giraffe.