vortech fitment problems

02edge

so after installing the mounting brackets and head unit the intake pipe to the back of the blower wont slip on because it hits the valve cover any idea what the problem could be?also what is supposed to go in this hole I dont see anything obvious IMAG0306.jpgIMAG0310.jpg

02edge

IMAG0312.jpgIMAG0313.jpgit looks like id be able to get it on there if there was spacers on those bolts but if they arent supposed to have them im not gonna put them on there because I need the pulleys to line up

Codi_P

TGOD
it looks like you could put it on if you installed it before putting the blower on. But how the hell are you routing your piping with a windstar intake?

02edge

Yes i grinded it off or else the mounting bracket wouldn't have been able to geg all the way in but I was thinking the same thing about putting it on the blower first than bolting it to the bracket

JpL4K3

Here some pics of the kit on my car, maybe one of these will help. To give you something to compare it to.

02edge

Problem solved thanks to jeffseb now which pipe should I put through the fenderwell intake or discharge or did you widen it and put both through james

MustangSteve

god i love that set up, looks sexy in that engine bay lol.
Hoping to get my vortech install going in couple months, finally got a new daily driver today

02edge

Finished installing it today for the most part hooked up all the vac lines as per an na windstar kit but where does the blowoff boost gauge and intake pipe get hooked up to

02edge

where do I run the hose from the blow off valve,the two barbs on the intake pipe and where should I tie my boost gauge into no pics im not near the car right now

JeffSeb

Boost gauge can go anywhere off of the upper intake. I have mine off of the barb closest to the TB on the drivers side.

the two bungs coming off of the plastic elbow going directly into the blower, the small brass one is where my valve covers vent to, the big one is where my bypass valve re-circulates into. If you have a blow off valve it can be plugged because you are not recirculating any air.

Is there a small vacuum line going to the blow off valve? if that is what you are talking about I think it goes to anywhere on the upper intake manifold.

02edge

thanks again jedff the iac lines are a pita since theyre 5/8 so when I get some times im going to finish up running all these lines waiting on the oil fittings in the mail than some little things here and there like the belt and hpx maf and ill be ready for a first start in a few weeks