Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are your opinions about a Female Forum @ 3.8mustang.com

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Brian M, Jul 2, 2004.

Would you like to see an all girl forum at 3.8mustang

1. Yes

18.9%
  2. No

81.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 97PacificGreenStang

97PacificGreenStang Screamin' Eagle

i want a jackstand forum if you get a jew forum. :crazy:

2. Waldo

Waldo Owned!!

It would not be an all girl forum, it would be a place for girls to congregate and in turn all of these leg humping youngsters (we all do it) would know exactly where to go to pick up internet girls. :wtf:

The best way for women to be, and the best way to keep them safest is to allow them to blend in with the males and not set them apart.

3. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Well-Known Member

No, horrible idea.

It will be a waste of time, space, and full of leghumpers.

4. cobra96chick

cobra96chick New Member

All these 7 ppl who said yes..ERIC you are included.. need a reason. Im just curious did yall vote yes b/c yall want us apart from you, or do yall actually think we are gettin harassed that bad? i think maybe if there was a large amount of girls on the site maybe their own forum would be cool so maybe they could talk to each other about cars rather than hearing guys long ass explaination for the reason something works. Maybe that would be a good idea, but there are a very few amount of girls...we can pm each other if we thought it was necessary for a girl only response. I think that most things we discuss can be debated with the males. Brian you had a good idea and good intentions behind it but for all of you who did think we needed a girl only forum id just like to know your actually reasoning behind it. :thumbup:

5. Pinto Beast

Pinto Beast boom, outa' here

indeed

6. John

John Ex-Legend

This is exactly what i posted in the mod forum ( cut and pasted) on the whole idea.

no way would i say yea to a female forum.

talk about ailenation.

thats like making a forum called the "black people forum"
    -- Because there was a few racist remarks and there are only a few black v6 members here.

what we do is find out who the assholes are that are harassing the female members on a one to one basis and take action on them.

i agree with nikko, making a female forum will only invite the jizzbags to find a place to stalk or harass them and the idea will crumble. i can see it already.

Im not trying to shoot down you guys' opinions, but making a female only forum is asking for trouble... what we need is moderator intervention. we talk to the posters that are having issues with some male members and we slap the ban stick on the ones that dont get the point that females are allowed to post here and have just as many rights as a males. Now about the comments on women and the hot chick threads, well thats going to happen on a site thats 16-20 year old based, and the girls should know that.

But as far as harassment and comments go like " your a girl your dumb, or you dont know ****, or.. you shouldnt post here because your a girl.
    those arent tolerated AT ALL.. so please if this is happening let me know

7. InfernoStang

InfernoStang 12's are slow

well.. I voted yes at first, but I agree that there shouldn't be one now, because of the fact what john stated....if girls want to be treated equal then there shouldn't be a seperate forum for them in specific.

8. BadAssStang

BadAssStang Mustang Sally

I'll second that.

9. bn589

bn589 New Member

I believe Michael has a point here. Females should not have more protection on this forum. They would not need this protection if SOME people on here would grow up and not treat their fellow members like crap.

"include in the rules if a member barrasses a female site member they get 1 warning then a temp. ban."

This has some merit...however, i think it should say " Include in the rules id a member barasses any member, they get 2 warnings and a temp ban."

Females, at least every one i have ever met, do not want to be treated as if they need our protection.

If people were civil to eachother... this would not even need to be discussed..

Danny

10. stang gurl

stang gurl New Member

Your entire post makes perfect sense... I for one do not want special treatment... I just want the same respect as everyone else... ppl ganging up on one particular persons post every time they post is a bit excessive and, from what I have seen, is appearantly permissable, as far as I know nothing has been done about it... And don't take this as a "moderator complaint" but more of a suggestion: Moderators are "authority figures" so to speak and should set a good example for the rest of the group... but this is just my opinion :)

11. bn589

bn589 New Member

12. ExBamaGal

ExBamaGal New Member

:lol: :lol: LMFAO...that's hilarious! Wonder how long it took you to think something like that up :wtf:

I completely agree with everything CobraChick and Stang Gurl have said. No female forum is needed. We should be treated as one of the guys here. :D

13. Goin2shock

Goin2shock _________________________

:thumbdown :disgust: No need for it.

14. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I said no only becuase I belive it would cause more problems than it would solve. It's not just the females getting harassed (and I'm not undermining that situation), but it's everyone on here asking a question and then getting retarded remarks or unneccesary comments that continously degrade their person as well, leading to bitter flame wars and site rivalries, which can ruin many, many threads.
    More intervention is what is truly needed. I agree with Nikko. Use the "Report Post" buttons when you feel you need to. This goes for all members. Some members continously bash other regardless of the question , replay, etc. For such situations, report it to the moderators so that they can handle it.

To the girls of the site, do not feel harshly towards all of us guys. Yes, there are lot of dumbass leghumpers on this site, but please ignore their incompentance. Report any harrassing, but do not start the fire by lighting the match. I, for one, appreciate the fact that girls are interested in their cars as much as we guys are. Please do not take the mentality of the kids here as the mentality of the whole.

The problem is finding the needle in the haystack. For every helpful and knowledgeable member you find, you'll have to wade through 50 others that do little more than post threats, insults, or blantantly arrogant and demeaning threads.

15. ExBamaGal

ExBamaGal New Member

This is true. I think noobs get harassed more than we do (or at least I do).

16. stang gurl

stang gurl New Member

I agree with you but I do not feel comfortable reporting anything to the mods now because I have no idea which one's I can trust since one of them took some information I gave him concerning a problem I was having and posted it publically in a thread because I had an opinion he did not agree with.... he used his power as a mod to degrade me because we didnt have the same opinion on an issue... now who can you truely trust on this site? And when John checks his PMs for this month he will see that I in fact also reported this moderator... Im curious to see if anything is done about what he did... :rolleyes:

17. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

When in doubt, talk to Sean (when he's around that is) or John. I'm sorry about your experience and I hope all gets worked out. :thumbup:

18. stang gurl

stang gurl New Member

Thanks... I really do appriciate it... :)

19. Hell_Razor

Hell_Razor Never surrender!!! Off Topic Moderator

... :uhh:

if you'll check the thread you're reffering to you'll see your e-mail address was removed. time to find some new drama to emerse yourself in now. :disgust:

20. cobra96chick

cobra96chick New Member

Sorry to start **** and you can bitch at me all you please...but that beyond rude of you. I read that and if it was me id be a rather pissed off person. I think if she would have wanted it posted she would have done it her dam self. Please just take it into consideration that she gave that to you for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.