Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What can the 2005 block take?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by StupidTodd, Jun 15, 2005.

1. me2dumb4college

me2dumb4college New Member

u had to look up the feet in a mile part, didnt u!! :rolleyes:

2. tomzac

tomzac 232 or 330

Hey, don't worry about it. On these boards if someone doesn't have any useful info to share some people say ignorant things just to chime in. You should be as offended as they are witty. The majority of us here are a community willing to learn from those who know. ;)

3. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

30 psi on a factory blown 3800 wouldn't be smart but a nitrided crank,forged rods and 8.0:1 pistons will hold just fine on that block. it is quite strong with it's cross bolted mains. and is stronger than the ford 3.8 or buick stage 1 turbo block. please don't dispute this as i used to build buicks. the 3800 seriesII is a beast of a block being patterned off of the on-center INDY light 4.6L buick block. all three blocks will handle 1000+hp and 25+ psi boost levels but the rods and pistons must be made to handle those levels. you might as well say 30psi on a yugo will blow the block. of course it will but i'll bet 20psi with a spot on tune would hold up on the 3800 with race gas

the 4.0 bottom end is smallish which will be the determining factor in power level/rpm level

the 60 deg block is quite strong as far as resistance to block splitting

4. Totaled108

Totaled108 Its not my car

What part(s) in the 3.8 are stonger the the 4.0? Internals? Mains?
    Thanks

5. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

the entire crank and the block is most likely stronger too

although the 4.0 with it's 60 degree bank angle would not lend itself to block splitting very easily.

i'm sure the 4.0 block will take some serious abuse but the journals are quite abit smaller than the 3.8