What is the TOPSPEED of YOUR V6 MUSTANG??

Ohhdyamn

I hit a little over 100 on the freeway but backed off because my exit was coming up. Im wondering how fast you guys gone in your V6???
and ALSO, what IS the TOPSPEED of a 1999' Mustang V6????
...I'm getting a Diablo Delta Chip pretty soon and I heard that will increase my Topspeed??? If so, how fast would my mustang be able to go after I get the Diablochip installed??
-thanks guys-

3.8MustangSteve

Secretary of Defense
The stock tires are rated to 118mph, so the cars are governed to 118. With the speed limiter removed you might be able to get to about 130. Don't even try it with stock tires.

Hell, you shouldn't be going anywhere near that speed anywhere other than a race track.

teenv6

StangDoo98 said:
the real question is why do you feel the need to drive around at 100+ mph
It's a rush, I have before, but I was on a straight highway, with no cars around. I've only did it a few times to see what the mustang will do, I was pretty satisfied for it to only be a 6

CJ

1%
with my bridgestone fuzions i got the needle as far as is could go so im guessing around 125

StreetRacer2000

Car Fanatic
I've had the car sit at 118 MPH on the highway (3 lane highway, no traffic around at all, radar detector plugged in) for like a mile. The rev limiter won't let it go past this. I know our cars can easily pass that, I redline in 4th gear at 110-115 MPH so I know our cars can get far beyond 118 without a limiter. How far, I don't know. But everyone on here will flame you for going over the speed limit anyway, except me of course. :D

V6PowerHouse

A moddin' mofo
technically, without a speed limiter it woul go untill you hit your rev limiter in 5th or without the revlimiter until you blew your motor... and that ywould be about 140-150 with the limiter and about 195 until your motor blew... of coarse it would take you awhile to get there being in 5th gear in all, but with a 3.27 gear ratio... its possible.

George01v6

Engineer on the F117
You are governed also by the aerodynamics of our boxy cars. If you can hit 130MPh in a stock mustang, that is pretty impressive. I can't see the car going any faster without some modifications to help push it though the air.

StangRacer46

turn my swager: [on] off
What about some of these 11 psi procharge'd guys what do they top at with 3.27's and 3.73's? Does anyone know?

KTBug

- Kris -
StreetRacer2000 said:
I redline in 4th gear at 110-115 MPH so I know our cars can get far beyond 118 without a limiter.
Just because you have another gear left doesn't mean that you are going to go any faster! If you redline in 4th at around 110-115 then in 5th the car will only go another 10-15 mph or so. 5th gear won't take you another 40 mph!!!

SteveC

teenv6 said:
It's a rush, I have before, but I was on a straight highway, with no cars around. I've only did it a few times to see what the mustang will do, I was pretty satisfied for it to only be a 6

SO your stupid "rush" is more important than your own life. But more importantly you threaten the life of my family, and countless other families.

Highways are not design for excessive speeds. You want to go fast, go to a track.

I have NO tolerance for stupidity.

ohiohalk

Had it to 104mph on I-70, and there was still plenty left. How much, I don't know. Woosed out. I've got good wheels/tires on it now, so maybe we'll see. Hey chumps--flame me---it'll help pass this boring sunday night. I need some laughs.

6gofast

w/ tires rated to like 138, i pushed it almost as far as the engine would power it. (deserted highway w/ radar detctor, no body's life at stake but mine) But it was getting dark and a curve was comming up, so i throttled back and resumed a slightly less than legal speed. I don't know exactly how fast i was going, but the spedo was peaked and the car was still pulling slightly. (UDP, exaust, CAI, and SCT chip, no nitrous used). I have yet to try it w/ my z rated 18s, and probably won't b/c the car started to get all floaty in the front. I did it once to see what the germans must feel on their daily comutes. Did it get my heart going? Yes. Was it the smartest thing to do? Probably not. Do I plan on doing it agian? No. I wouldn't recomend doing it on a reguar basis, but if you're curious, have *perfect* conditions (dry pavement, good light, strait roads, no traffic, better tires, etc) and are willing to take the risk, its definately interesting.

StreetRacer2000

Car Fanatic
KTBug, I don't know about your car but in my car, 5th gear is winded out farther than all of the rest. I'm sure you know what I mean when I say winded out so I won't go into detail with it. Anyways, when I redline in 4th at 110-115, I'm at around 3000 RPM's or so in 5th with 2300 to go till redline... and if I had no rev limiter and had the car tickin at redline in 5th (don't know how long it would take to get the car actually up to the redline though), I'm sure I'd be sitting at at least like 145 mph or so. 5th gears RPM's climb very slow (80 mph I'm sittin at 2000 or so RPM's, 115 mph I'm sittin at 3000.. 35 mph within 1000 RPM's).

That is with the stock 3.27's and the basic bolt-ons. Don't know how that would change with less or more mods.

Kuplex

Retired Admin
StreetRacer2000 said:
KTBug, I don't know about your car but in my car, 5th gear is winded out farther than all of the rest. I'm sure you know what I mean when I say winded out so I won't go into detail with it. Anyways, when I redline in 4th at 110-115, I'm at around 3000 RPM's or so in 5th with 2300 to go till redline... and if I had no rev limiter and had the car tickin at redline in 5th (don't know how long it would take to get the car actually up to the redline though), I'm sure I'd be sitting at at least like 145 mph or so. 5th gears RPM's climb very slow (80 mph I'm sittin at 2000 or so RPM's, 115 mph I'm sittin at 3000.. 35 mph within 1000 RPM's).

That is with the stock 3.27's and the basic bolt-ons. Don't know how that would change with less or more mods.
On a dyno or similar non-motion setup maybe. But with aerodynamics and other factors that come into play, you can not get up to 145mph on a stock or near stock V6 stang, no matter how much of your power band is shown. The engine is still making power, but not enough to continually push against resistance to make it that fast.
The engine may very well be capable, but there is too much wind resistance to overcome at those speeds without adding a good bit more power.

Zim

The Coors Knight
ive run mine at about 120 with my 4.10s It was still accellerating just REALLLLY slowly

Revmaynard02

Ok, fastest i've gone was about 112, thats with 3.73's so it was still pulling nicely. I shut down because i had to exit. But as far as people's claims of 150+ mph in the V6's, BS. The 03 Cobras in stock trim (according to Car and Driver) topped at 156. That was with the limiters removed. Thats with 390 HP. It just backs up the fact that the aero dynamics of the car affect it a lot. Also, do you really think you can control your car on a stock setup suspension (which lets face it, on a V6 sucks)? It takes serious modding to go that fast and some skills to control the car at those high of speeds.

Kuplex

Retired Admin
Revmaynard02 said:
Ok, fastest i've gone was about 112, thats with 3.73's so it was still pulling nicely. I shut down because i had to exit. But as far as people's claims of 150+ mph in the V6's, BS. The 03 Cobras in stock trim (according to Car and Driver) topped at 156. That was with the limiters removed. Thats with 390 HP. It just backs up the fact that the aero dynamics of the car affect it a lot. Also, do you really think you can control your car on a stock setup suspension (which lets face it, on a V6 sucks)? It takes serious modding to go that fast and some skills to control the car at those high of speeds.
You sure that was with the limiter removed? The stock limiter on a 03/04 Cobra is 155mph. A stock one has been taken up well over 155mph with no limiter. Ask 3.8Steve about it. He knows someone who got way up there in one. Somewhere near 180-190mph I believe--stock w/no limiter.
I read an article about it somewhere too. I'll try to find it.