Best Of The Best
96whitestang said:
'Reroute to Remain' is an execellent album. :thumbup:
i prefer the jesters race........... :thumbup: :thumbup:
and black ash inheritance........... :thumbup: :thumbup:

have you listened to them much?

Big Pimpin

Asian Correspondant
Rythm of Life, Breathe, and Smack My Bitch Up (all by the Prodigy)
Burn by Deep Purple
Block Rockin Beats by the Chemical Brothers
Power Pill by DJ Omar Santana and the Prophet
just to name a few

96whitestang

Scream for me!
derickatm said:
i prefer the jesters race........... :thumbup: :thumbup:
and black ash inheritance........... :thumbup: :thumbup:

have you listened to them much?
I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I have the "Reroute to Remain" and "Whoracle" albums. I tend to stay away from death metal, but In Flames is not your run-of-the-mill death metal band. They seem to have a more melodic quality than most....which I like.

Derick

Best Of The Best
96whitestang said:
I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I have the "Reroute to Remain" and "Whoracle" albums. I tend to stay away from death metal, but In Flames is not your run-of-the-mill death metal band. They seem to have a more melodic quality than most....which I like.
yep they are technically classified as melodic death metal<-----my fave type of metal.

hit me up on aol(if you use)....i'll send you some of their stuff

Keith

SEC CREW MEMBER
BigDogMustang said:
metallica and rage agianst the machine:thumbup:

and break stuff from limp bizkit

Good Ones.

Disturbed- Remember

The old Tool
System of a Down\

Goatwhore

96whitestang

Scream for me!
derickatm said:
yep they are technically classified as melodic death metal<-----my fave type of metal.

hit me up on aol(if you use)....i'll send you some of their stuff
I don't use aol. Thanks though.

Seeing as how you really like In Flames, I think you might enjoy a particular album by Bruce dickinson (Iron Maiden's vocalist) called "The Chemical Wedding". It's really heavy stuff (compared to Maiden, that is) and contains some brilliant songwriting really.

I view it as a concept album, in that all the songs seem to be connected somehow. At first, it may seem a little bizzare, but after a few listens I think one can come to appreiciate it even if it's only for it's listening value.

If nothing else it might be refreshing to hear something with vocal clarity, as opposed to most death metal bands, where screaming seems to be the style of choice. ;) Also, the bass guitar work is just killer, IMO.

You can sample some of the album here.

Derick

Best Of The Best
i have one of bruces albums......skunkworks.....i think thats what its called.

vocals are my favorite "part" of a band............(my fav. band is TOOL b/c maynard is the greatest singer ever......thats a fact)

i'll look into it

96whitestang

Scream for me!
derickatm said:
i have one of bruces albums......skunkworks.....i think thats what its called.

vocals are my favorite "part" of a band............(my fav. band is TOOL b/c maynard is the greatest singer ever......thats a fact)

i'll look into it
I haven't heard Skunkworks yet, although I've heard good things about it. I wanna get Accident of Birth next because it's very similiar to Chemical Wedding (musically that is)....or so I've heard.

I also have Tattooed Millionaire, which is....well, it's alright. I only bought it cause it was like $6....and it was Bruce.

Bruce D. owns all.

Derick

Best Of The Best
96whitestang said:
I haven't heard Skunkworks yet, although I've heard good things about it. I wanna get Accident of Birth next because it's very similiar to Chemical Wedding (musically that is)....or so I've heard.

I also have Tattooed Millionaire, which is....well, it's alright. I only bought it cause it was like $6....and it was Bruce.

Bruce D. owns all.
Yes bruce is definetly a god amongst insects in the world of music.

I used to listen to a ton of maiden.......but i lost touch when bruce starting doing solo stuff.

you've seen the Rock In Rio show right?