Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What tires should I buy?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by castelano, May 19, 2017.

1. castelano

castelano Member

Hey everyone!
    I've recently bought a new car, a pretty used 2004 Mustang, and I really want to "revive" it, because, currently it's not ready for the road. One of the most important things that I need are tires. What I'm currently looking for are some high performance all season tires that I can afford. They don't have to be really cheap, but not really expensive either, as I don't have a lot of money to spend on tires right now.
    Truth is I know next to nothing about tires. A friend of mine recommended me to go to HolmesTire, but, quite frankly, the website does not look appealing to me at all, it looks fishy, that's why I'm asking you to help me.
    Can I get some used, second hand tires? Do you have any recommandations or guides? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. 76Highboy

76Highboy New Member

I have driven a few cars with BFG G-Force Comp-2 and G-Force Sport Comp-2. Very good tires for the price. I plan on buying some when my tires wear out.

3. cjb321

cjb321 New Member

i run the BFG g-force comp2 all season. just got them put on last month and so far im pretty happy with them. Paid $715 shipped to my door from tire rack and then $80 to have them mounted and balanced. Came with free road hazard also. Some people dont like the look of them since the tread kinda looks like a mud tire on the sidewall but i dont mind it

[​IMG]

4. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Tire Rack, instrument of tire shopping for autocross enthusiasts nearly everywhere

5. castelano

castelano Member

Thank you for the answer I'll definitely take it into consideration. I'll look up some reviews on those tires. :)

6. castelano

castelano Member

I've actually heard about this website on some other forums, I'll take a look! Thank you very much!

7. castelano

castelano Member

Thanks for the suggestion. $715 seems really reasonable. Also, I must say, I'm really jelly of your rims :p

8. cjb321

cjb321 New Member

they are just 15+ GT rims, watch craigslist or ebay. Alot of times they come with new tires too. I got this set for $400 with around 5k miles on the stock pirelli p-zeros, didnt like them so i got the bfg's and sold the pirellis to someone else :)

9. castelano

castelano Member

Thanks for the suggestion, $400 with 5k miles on it sounds like a good deal to me :)

10. castelano

castelano Member

I've decided to go with the BFG tires suggested above. I hope I'm making the right call here! Thank you guys for all the repleis!