Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's going on with my suspension

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by hafblakhafamaz1, Apr 6, 2003.

1. hafblakhafamaz1

hafblakhafamaz1 New Member

Everytime I go over a speed bump, or a gutter, or anytime i have to use the suspension, my back left squeaks a lil and my back right squeaks like HELL (and I emphasize hell). I dont know what part of the suspension it is, but springs seem like the obvious answer. I know jack about suspension, but was wondering if there's any kind of household or storebought adhesive or spray or sumthin you can put on it. It's the stock suspension still, and any help is graciously accepted.

2. AZ2KVert

AZ2KVert Old guy

First check to see if your rear spring isolators are in place and intact. Look for a rubber pads at the bottom of the spring and the top. If they are missing or torn, the noise is the spring rubbing against the metal spring perches.

If that's not it, it's probably your lower control arm bushings. Try to get some spray lubricant (WD40, silicon spray, etc.) worked into the bushings. You may have to disconnect the arms to do it right. Or - you can take the car to a shop and ask them to lubricate the bushings.

3. rick0636

rick0636 New Member

My aftermarket control arms have grease fittings on all the bushings, which are also polyeurathane. They are Granatellis by the way.