Where Should We Spend Our Mod Money?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by bmckelvey, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Conshaw Member

Wow, this thread seems too good to be true!!! Bmckelvey, I have a small mill in my garage and have thought extensively about trying to make my own manifold for the M122 supercharger, this thread is a huge inspiration and confirmation that I'm not entirely mad. Would you be willing to share any of your blueprints or cad files? I feel confident enough to measure for myself, but the thought of tearing apart my daily driver for that long scares me. I don't really have the time to undertake this project at the moment, but would like to start gathering the pieces to make it a reality down the road. I would like to build the manifold myself, but even if I have to buy one from you, it means that I could pursue the forced induction dream later in life. Any help, ideas, or encouragement are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Conner

2. bmckelvey FordV6Guy

Hi Connor, I enjoy making all my own fittings, right up to making the complete manifold. And, with the M122 I even machined the base of the supercharger to provide a flat surface to mount it to the manifold. I used a multi-axis CNC machine with a CAD program that creates the control file for the CNC mill. I also have a lathe and mill machine in my garage but it is a little small for milling out a huge chunk of aluminum required for the supercharger and manifold. I am happy to share the info I have on how to do this. Send me a PM with your email or just contact me at brian_mckelvey@Hotmail.com.
    Brian

3. thomasmachek New Member

Can you make me a supercharger intake for a 2009 v6 mustangs for the m90 super charger and if so how much?

4. jwill40 New Member

I am interested in a manifold how can I go about getting one.

5. jwill40 New Member

I am interested in a manifold, how can I go about getting one.

6. Armyofechoes Active Member

Send him an email, it's listed above and see if he has any, my understanding is he stopped making them but may have a few I'm not sure?

7. Warpony Member

I have a 2009 4.0 v6 mustang I have a kn&n cai and in the beginning of 2017 I am buying pypes mid x pipes dual exhaust system and bama tuner. My next upgrade after that will be turbo kit. I found out the 4.0 v6 is a cast iron block so it can handle a lot of pressure so I could run a turbo kit at 7 to 9 psi without changing my internals.

8. LShort New Member

Hi everyone, I am looking to get about 2" drop to eliminate the wheel gap and wondering if the lowering springs will do the job or should I save money for coilovers. I was reading somewhere that shock absorbers don't work properly with shorter springs and therefore don't provide good damping. Is that true?

9. LShort New Member

So I did some homework and decided not to go with short springs and save for the coilovers a little more This article was pretty helpful so if you had the same question just check it out Coilovers Are Pricey - Why Would I Spend My Money For Them?. I really like the fact that coilovers are adjustable

10. Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

When are you experiencing wheel hop? What tires are you rolling on?

11. Cortex30 New Member

There are so many mods to choose from. It's so hard which one to choose.

12. Warpony Member

What kind of manifold

13. Robert Bowling New Member

14. Robert Bowling New Member

where can I pick up an M122 supercharger

15. rbowling0079 New Member

How can I talk to you about putting a supercharger on my car I have never done anything like this before