Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Isolators to remove...?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by theponyfactor, Aug 15, 2007.

1. theponyfactor

theponyfactor New Member

I recently (about a week ago) installed H&R Sports, Mach 1 Takeoff Shocks/Struts, and MM C/C Plates. I removed the bottom isolator in the front but none in the back. Well the back still sits a LITTLE high compared to the front and I was wondering if I should take just the bottom one out the back or both or the top? The reason I ask is I remember the bottom rubber thing in the back to be pretty thin and I don't see it doing much. The bottom one's in the front were at least 1/4" thick...w/e here's some crappy pics. (I know my back tires are a little small for the rim).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Like I give a fuck

I think your drop looks great as is. Nice rake to it.

If you want to remove iso's in the rear I would say do the tops because they are thicker and you'll actually see a little difference compared to removing just the bottoms.

3. theponyfactor

theponyfactor New Member

Ya it looks pretty good. I think that if I put bigger tires in the back it would help out a lot. i have 275s on a 10.5:thumbdown: