which readiness monitors?

blackenedESP

i just got back from inspection and i failed because the OBD system status is "unsupported". engine misfire, catalytic converters, heated catalytic converters, evaporative system, secondary air injection, a/c refrigerant, oxygen sensors, oxygen sensors - heated, and EGR systems....all say unsupported. the guy said they couldn't run the tests and i have to fix it then bring it back. i searched on here a bit and found people having a somewhat similar problem and it's because the car has been driven X miles since the computer has been flashed? i did disconnect my battery and reflashed my computer a couple weeks ago. so do i just have to put some mileage on the car and take it back? this is driving me insane.

TuxMask-Andy

Turbo Guru
ya obd2 cycle is not complete. if you reset ur battery u gota drive your car around for like a week or 300ish miles.

Also my car would not complete the ob2 cycle until i turned back on the secondary air injection system thru the ecu. So lame.

Best to invest in a code scanner at this point for you. Or at least an sct flasher that tells you if you got error codes. p1000 code means u have not complete the obd2 cycle test

blackenedESP

i have no check engine light. hooked up my XCal 3 to read the DTC, no error codes. i even went out and bought a scanner that shows which readiness flags are ready and stuff, it shows exactly what the DMV did, only fuel system and comprehensive component are ready. everything else is unsupported. so...is it still the drive cycle even though i'm not getting the P1000 code? i found a list of things to do that a drive cycle consists of, so i'm gonna do them individually to see if i can get some to come on. if not, i dunno, it has to be something with my tune and have to ask Justin about it.

Hockeyb0y3

Just some guy
from what i understand there are 3 monitors that need to come on, and when you plug the scanner in it will tell you if all 3 are on, if one or two are but not all of them just drive the car a while longer and put more miles on it.

blackenedESP

yeah, it's only telling me "fuel system" and "comprehensive component" is on, nothing else is. i came across a post on Modular Fords where a moderator said my tuner (Justin) can get them all ready so i emailed him. hopefully he can and i can get this thing to pass. in the meantime, looks like i'm gonna making frequent stops to the gas station.

Hockeyb0y3

Just some guy
yeah, it's only telling me "fuel system" and "comprehensive component" is on, nothing else is. i came across a post on Modular Fords where a moderator said my tuner (Justin) can get them all ready so i emailed him. hopefully he can and i can get this thing to pass. in the meantime, looks like i'm gonna making frequent stops to the gas station.

i had a similar problem when i was trying to get my girlfriends car smog test done. we had just put a new batt in her car a couple days before and hadn't done much driving so when we got to the shop we only had one of three monitors on so we had to basicaly kill time and drive around untill we had at least 20-30 miles added.

blackenedESP

hmm. i know i've driven at least 100 miles since i've had my battery disconnected, at the very least. so i dunno, just sucks.

EDIT: i've been googling this and i think i narrowed it down a little bit. if the driving cycles have not be completed yet, that's what would throw me that P1000 code and my results would say "not ready". but mine say "unsupported", so i think that's just a whole other issue that i've contacted Justin about and am waiting for a response on.

blackenedESP

ok well Justin said they are on, i guess there's nothing he can do about it. a guy at a private inspection facility recommend i get a computer for my car that has a manual trans, use that just to pass inspection, then swap it back out for my tuned one. hopefully that works.

blackenedESP

bit of an update here...

Justin was able to tweak his tune to allow the monitors to show up again. i have a question though, particularly to those who've passed NJ inspection. does anybody know which of the 11 monitors (listed in my initial post) our cars support? i have everything except "heated catalytic converters", "A/C refrigerant", and "secondary air injection".