Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who has a nasty 4.0

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by blown245, Feb 4, 2013.

1. blown245

blown245 Member

I want to see other setups with the 4.0. maybe track times and build

2. Bluethrobber

Bluethrobber New Member

I know of a turbo 4.0 that ran 10.97 @122mph with a 1.56 60ft

3. UK PONY

UK PONY New Member

My CS6 has 370hp & 377torque

4. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

I don't know of any on here but best bet is a turbo setup. There was a guy with a supercharged v6 with heads and cams who hit 400. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSOcuHMheI The thing about a supercharger though is they are a lot more restrictive on the v6 compared to a turbo. I read all day long about powerhouse turbo with minor upgrades guys are making 350 on 8psi (considered very safe on the v6). Here's a guy running a wicked one off setup on a 57 trim I think, he has his own website devoted to the car. http://myturbostang.com/index.html Gives info on everything he has done to his car including time slips.

5. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

supercharger's arent restrictive, boost is boost. they are belt driven and take power to make power. turbo runs off exhaust and doesnt take any power from the engine. thats why you can run 10lbs on each and make more power with the turbo.

6. blown245

blown245 Member

well said pro, so I saw your videos on youtube at random searching blue.... that thing is loud as hell lol. raspy too, I was thinking when I slap the LT's on mine actually putting a muffler on it but I was thinking stingers

7. Bluethrobber

Bluethrobber New Member

Yea its pretty loud... all I have on there is pypes m80's which really isnt a muffler.. the no cats is what makes it raspy

8. blown245

blown245 Member

well im going to run no cats, long tubes and an X. thats it. sounds pretty good with cats and shorty's already so I expect it to only get better with a little more rasp but still a deepish tone hopefully. never seen anyone run my setup yet. if its too bad ill get borlas

9. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

ill probably delete my exhaust when i go turbo just have a downpipe and thats it should sound pretty good cuz from what i've been told the turbo itself acts as a muffler somewhat Ill be happy to see what it sounds like if not then delete cats and do a y pipe to my 2 1/2 inch magnaflow duals