Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

why the compression?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by RustyRodder, May 28, 2009.

1. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Yes, it does throw a wrench into the situation we had with all those exterior stereo threads...

So, seriously. With the exception of the very low traffic stereo section, there are exactly the same number of sections there were before dealing with exactly the same topics.

If organizing the exact same information in a more visually appealing way is really that difficult to comprehend, then I don't know what to tell you. Nothing was fundamentally changed.

2. Dylan Dude

Dylan Dude Well-Known Member

are you kidding me? All of them were. Go find one of my later threads. It was called something like "12" Fi Q + RF T1000BD"

3. ESG-642T

ESG-642T Custom Camshaft's R US

:thumbup::thumbup:

4. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Nothing was intentionally deleted. Them disappearing may have had something to do with threads/posts that were damaged months back when we were having server issues though. You may have run across an old post or thread that would error if you tried to edit it; that may explain missing ones after a move.

As for the layout, it will probably be tweaked a bit more, but it's staying in the same basic design. 94-04 Essex stuff together, 05-10 Cologne stuff together, and hopefully whatever engine the next V6 will have, whether it keeps the 4.0 or gets one of the Duratec, it will be grouped all together. Basically, embracing the next generation V6 Mustang engines (and even the current one more) and incorporating them into the site (look for more of that in the future) is a smart move in that it helps ensure the growth and continuation of the site.

Having been discontinued for 6 model years now, the demand for performance and even general tech of the Essex is diminishing. It's time to expand, grow, and change the site, or slowly die with it.

5. Raymond

Raymond `

Don't care about the layout change.

Just one question though, since Photoshoots was moved to a subforum under Mustang Talk. If I do a photoshoot with some Hondas/Chevys, or cover a race or car show... should I still post them there, or do it in OT now? Justa wonderin...

6. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

The race pictures I would put in the race section. The other stuff would fit in either OT or Photoshoots. There are always going to be situations where the thread doesn't 100% fit in any section so just use your best judgment and all will be good.

7. 94moosestang

94moosestang Noob ************************* *******************

It doesn't have the same design. You have two separate SN95 sections, but yet no engine section? Everything seems to be just thrown in the same bucket for us SN95 users with almost no organization! :wtf:

There are numerous missing threads, no organization, and I can't make heads or tails where something goes. It really sucks the **** out of a dead donkeys ass! It really does.

You all need to have "SN95 section" Under that you need,

Engine,
    Drivetrain,
    power adders,
    Audio(or stereo),
    Bolt-ons,
    Electronics,
    Basic 3.8L Maintenance(or Basic 3.8L issues, or troubles),
    Auto-Body.

And no everything bucket as soon as you click on SN95! It makes no sense. And I'm not the only one *****ing about it.

And the 3.8L is not dying Kuplex, that is YOUR personal opinion, and NOT the opinion of the community. Separate the two please. If you all want to kill this forum, than I think it's time some of you step down.

8. Roscoe

Roscoe Stealin' your man since 1986.

I think this is a user fail. Both on the forums and in between the sheets.

9. 94moosestang

Roscoe, keep your BS in one place, if you have nothing to say about the layout, then get out. If you have a personal issue with me, there is the PM option, or off-topic, NOT site suggestions, got it?

10. greensteeda

All of those sections are still here, you just have to make one extra click. The sections will make more sense once the third generation of V6 cars arrive as there will be a uniform trend to each generation of cars.

Also, I don't think Kuplex said the 3.8 is dying...but Ford is sure as hell not making any more so yes, the demand is diminishing and will continue. I don't think it will ever die but for this site to survive we have to make room for the new kids on the block.

11. 94moosestang

I understand that there needs to be room for the new kids and their 4.0's, but just make two separate sections, one for SN-95, and one for the S-197 drivers.

Right now you got 2 separate SN-95 sections, with their own sub sections, and an everything bucket. :confused: It is really confusing. This is my idea below and it is far less confusing:

-SN-95-

Engine,
    Drivetrain,
    Power adders,
    Audio(or stereo),
    Bolt-ons,
    Electronics,
    Basic 3.8L Maintenance(or Basic 3.8L issues, or troubles),
    Auto-Body.

-S-197-

Engine,
    Drivetrain,
    Power adders,
    Audio(or stereo),
    Bolt-ons,
    Electronics,
    Basic 4.0L Maintenance(or Basic 4.0L issues, or troubles),
    Auto-Body.

I also would not be making an issue of it, but I seem to have a decent following that agrees, the new design is very hard to follow.

12. greensteeda

Once more S-197 users start filling in, the S-197 section will look identical to the SN95 section.

13. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

If you don't like it kindly GTFO. This site certainly doesn't _need_ you. KTXBYE...

14. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

As more people sell their older Mustangs and move on to newer ones, the demand and need for information will gradually shift to the newer generations and thus, if we want to continue to grow (and even keep members who trade for newer V6's), we need to make accommodations to house and organize such information. I'm not saying we are going to shut down the site or discontinue covering the Essex as it will never go away, but rather the exact opposite. We need to include the new V6's and expand beyond the SN95 platform. Sorry if my previous posts sounded like I wanted to kill the site.

As for the layout, improvements will continue to be made.

15. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Take a look at the changes I just made. I think it addresses some of the concerns. The "powertrain" and "chassis/body" headers are just empty forums now which house all of the subforums. The "engine" and "suspension" forums have been returned to subforums like the others.

16. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I altered the subforum listings to be vertical. I think this is certainly easier to sift through.

17. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

About time you two start earning your paychecks...

18. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Lol, I think most of our duties these days include the more technical side of the forum maintenance.

19. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i'm a pro at that. i will help for free. mod powers plz.

20. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

It's a Trap!!

[​IMG]