Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will 3.5 EB exhaust fit Mustang 3.7?

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by rehoward, Feb 21, 2020.

1. rehoward

rehoward New Member

I have been unable to find a definitive answer to this question. Some say the 3.5 turbo exhaust drops right on and others say you need an adapter because the bolt pattern is different. One guy said you need to grind a bump off the cylinder head to get them to fit. And yet another guy said that appropriate heads can be found on some truck engines. So what is the real answer? These scattered answers are confusing me. Thanks

2. 08'MustangDude

08'MustangDude Profile Violation

The exhaust does not bolt to the heads, it bolts to the exhaust manifolds/header pipes.
    SO, what are you asking, exhaust, or the manifolds and exhaust?
    Short answer is NO.

They require a special spacer because the 3.7 Cyclone exhaust bolt pattern is different than the
    3.5 EcoBoost bolt pattern. You have to grind a bump off each 3.7 head so the 3.5 manifolds will fit.
    Still, you can find 3.7 heads that have the same bolt pattern that the Mustang 3.7 Cyclone engine
    does. Those 3.7s are used in trucks. The 3.7 Cyclone was made for higher end vehicles, and
    the Mustang, based on the Duratec motor.

The EcoBoost manifolds won't even fit the 3.5 Duratec heads, same reason, different bolt
    pattern.

I think there is an adapter plate out there, somewhere...