Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

will my stock 6 beat these cars?

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by 98stang6, Jan 8, 2005.

1. 98stang6

98stang6 New Member

there are some people in my school who think they're badass. one has a riced out eagle talon( not tsi) the other has a stock eclipse(not GT), and my cousin has a 2001 Grand Prix SE auto. I have ridden in my cousins car and it felt slow compared to my 98 V6 5 speed. could I beat all these cars in a drag race?? the only mods I have are a flowmaster 50 series muffler and wide tires

2. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

I dont know about the 94-98 v6s because in all honesty those are pretty slow, I know the 99+ can take the eclipse and talon but not sure about the prix se cause I never raced one.

3. SFrymyah

SFrymyah Hi, I'm Steven

you should be able to eat up the ecplise and talon, providing they are auto. if not, itll be a drivers race. the GP is going to tear you to ****

4. 98stang6

98stang6 New Member

it is a grand prix simpe edition!! it is ****ing slow!! i don't know why all you call the 98s slow, but i can almost guarantee i will whoop the GP's ass!!

5. Fordmustanglove

Fordmustanglove D.E.P

perhaps its the non split port 150 hp wich makes us think its slow...dude my 6 has only 190 and its slow..

6. (SilentMember)

(SilentMember) Well-Known Member

yes it sucks :(

7. GTP_Power

GTP_Power New Member

The Grand Prix SE's had a option for the 3800 L36. (190HP in the SE's). The SE's with the 3.8 run mid to high 15's, so im pretty sure he would smoke you pretty bad. Most Grand Prix SE's have the 3100 (160HP). The 3100 equiped SE's run mid to high 16's. So if you are a flawless driver and the SE doesent have a 3.8 you might have a chance.

8. Revmaynard02

Revmaynard02 New Member

are you totally stock? if so, i'd say the eclipse would be the only sure win. the talons are pretty quick, the GP you'll need quite a bit of work to win. With gears CAI and exhaust i was running a 16.0 in my 98. I'm now down to 15.7-15.5 range with roller rockers and UDP pulley. But very shortly I'll be well into the 14's with ported heads, cam, long tubes, high flow h-pipe and probably running a 50-75 shot of nitrous (may crack 13's with the nitrous). But when i get my blower put in i should be close to 12's.

9. Andred82vert

Andred82vert GOOFY!

raced an old dude in a focus. I won and i'm proud of myself! if a friend of yours has a focus..... challenge him to a race :wtf:

10. Revmaynard02

Revmaynard02 New Member

hmmmmmmmm my buddy just got an SVT focus, I think i may have to line up with him :D

11. GTP_Power

GTP_Power New Member

lol, who are you serious? The Eclipse and Talon are the exact same car. One is made by Eagle and one by Mitsubishi. Both are avalable in non-turbo, turbo, and turbo all-wheel driver versions. I belive they stoped making the Talons in 1998. But the Eclipse is still made today, but it has no turbo and no all wheel drive :thumbdown

12. Andred82vert

Andred82vert GOOFY!

13. Revmaynard02

Revmaynard02 New Member

well ya learn something new every day...thanks for the info. :thumbup:

14. GTP_Power

GTP_Power New Member

No problem.

15. JPMotorSport

JPMotorSport In b4 t3h L0ck!!!

Wait wait, what years and engines/specs are the talon and eclipse?

If its the pre-2000 Eclipse, then the talon and eclipse are the same basic car with different names. I'm not too sure about the specs and would venture a guess that with your 1998 V6 and lets say a base talon/eclipse would be a close one coming down to drivers skill.

If we're talking 2000+ Eclipse - then with the 4-cyl version would be a close win for the eclipse, a 6-cyl a far win for the eclipse.

16. ragingpony01

ragingpony01 New Member

the 2g eclipse/talon are exactly the same exept for looks if they are nonturbo then they are slow as **** as for the turbo ones they are quik i've raced my bro 1990 eclipse GSX (turbo all wheel drive) from a launch he eats me alive (cant seem to keep the tires from spining the Tlok would help) but from a role around like 15 mph i can keep up a bit. and my 01 sixer is bone stock!