Windstar Manifold How To: (Vortech Pics Page 5!)

amrcnidyot

its the intake elbow that hits the hood, if u made a bracket to mount the tb at an angle u will have no clearance problems at all
as long as u dont use a manifold spacer, and delete or move ur iac
actually the way i had my intake it didnt hit the hood, i think it was the tb. i was originally planning on making a bracket to point the tb down a little but didnt do it. if you do that im sure it will fit.

shelby gt500

Ok i got my intake ti fit and clear the hood, anly catch was i had to mill down the spot where the i a c mounts on the windstar intake. and grind down the upper part of the throttle body like a 1/4 inch or so to make it clear otherwise it was all plug and play. and only reason i do not have my intake on is because i could not get the trottle cable to work right lol. will post an update when i try to install it again.

amrcnidyot

Ok i got my intake ti fit and clear the hood, anly catch was i had to mill down the spot where the i a c mounts on the windstar intake. and grind down the upper part of the throttle body like a 1/4 inch or so to make it clear otherwise it was all plug and play. and only reason i do not have my intake on is because i could not get the trottle cable to work right lol. will post an update when i try to install it again.

im actually having the same problem right now. damn thing is a pain in the a$$

Trevor04GT

Cammed
i was about two years ago when this whole thing started but i don't really wanna buy a new hood for 10 more hp......if there is a way to do it with out buying a new hood or someone sells me a black cowl hood for dirt cheap then its not happening....im going to be porting the stock stuff over the summer hopefully. Although the design of the winstar intake is far better for nitrous distribution. But im gonna work on improving the stock crap for now...

couldnt you drop the motor and get new mounts. my friend had to drop his motor in his saleen to fit the blower on. iono if itll be enough room, but it could work

RoughRidin232

Stuck in the Wiki
I just got back from the Mid America shelby meet in tulsa and I got to see the car in person, it is an awesome job! Looks amazing in person, thumbs up :thumbup:

Sad we were the only 3.8 members there, and I didn't have my car with me...

skatefreak

yeah I was the only 3.8 at the whole meet!!! I got fourth place in the class. Also I was the only entry in the drags... ran a best of 14.2 at a track temp of 108!!! I had a great time and will be posting pics and a video soon. ALSO the dyno was booked till July!!! but first thing in july I will have the dyno to myself.

shelby gt500

anyone got any input on how to make the throttle cable work or skate freak for a price could you maybe make me the same bracketry you used ? i really wanna get this intake in my car lol i need more power <,<. my friends turbo probe beat me so i gotta get some more power lol.

skatefreak

I could make another for 20 plus shipping.... sorry but aluminum only comes on bulk.. and its 15 bucks....pm me

Tell me if you want cruise or not.

03FR500

I'd Hit It
This thread has been a tremendous help to me and sort of a motivator.
I bought a 96-98 Windstar intake this weekend, just waiting on some parts to come in and I will tackle the swap. I plan on relocating a coolant reservoir (bought one from a 96-00 Integra lol, it was small) to the the driver side. And altering the radiator hose so that it doesn't interfere with the intake pipe, trying to get it to run to the stock location. I have already deleted the PVC and going to delete the EGR once the kit comes in. I am also going to remote mount the IAC like SkateFreak did. Just want to thank Skatefreak and all the other guys who contribute so much knowledge to the board. I will probably need some help when I start putting the intake together. I'll take pictures along the way.

skatefreak

hey sorry no dyno yet!!! The weather in tulsa has been rain nonstop so doing a dyno day in 100% humidity would be pointless for me. I hear in early august all this is supposed to go away for a while so within the second or third week of august I am going to dyno.

zantar2580

Is this safe?
Does anyone else have this mod completed? if so would it be possible to have a dyno run? this way it won't be resting all on 1 person to get the numbers... just a though... i'm biting my nails...:confused:

lane

Mineral Grey Mouse
Does anyone else have this mod completed? if so would it be possible to have a dyno run? this way it won't be resting all on 1 person to get the numbers... just a though... i'm biting my nails...:confused:

It's on my "to-do list", ie. sitting around collecting dust with various other parts. I want to relocate the egr valve and fuel pressure sensor before I do it though, just so it's nice and clean. I don't know when I'll ever get this stuff done.

On a somewhat related note, when I got my intake I also picked up a 60mm windstar TB and smoothed the ridge and halfshafted it. Is the stock mustang TB also 60mm? Anyone know if there's a different throttle cable I should use for the windstar TB?

lo.1987

So, if a ported and polished intake helps, and a Windstar intake helps, why hasnt anyone installed a P&P Windstar intake?

Xerxeese

Hoosier Daddy
So, if a ported and polished intake helps, and a Windstar intake helps, why hasnt anyone installed a P&P Windstar intake?

Windstar intake is plastic... not something I would want to P&P..

Now the F150 intake..... Thats metal, and similar in design to the Windstar.. Have at it ;)