Windstar Manifold How To: (Vortech Pics Page 5!)

tedness

Mellow Yellow
ok so wait what setup is this?

I'm actually waiting on another lower intake right now, as the first one was welded by a shop and one side flange was warped. As soon as I get the other intake in, I can port and polish it, epoxy the EGR and IMRC holes, bolt it on and finish tuning the car. I won't be able to give a good comparison as I am going from a stock 3.8L with the vortech to the fully built 4.3L

Here's a quick pic of the motor together.

I'm not one to do writeups, but I'll add to this one if it's ok.
The 99+ Windstar requires the 99+ Windstar lower as well. The lower is actually a little longer than the mustang one and requires a little trimming up front, otherwise it will hit the timing cover. The coolant hoses, throttle cable bracket, IAC, coil bracket, and some vaccuum hoses need reworking in order to make it work.

03FR500

I'd Hit It
That is the 99+ windstar intake. You need the Windstar upper and lower intake to do that. And it's freakin' sweet.

02v6

want to go fast
was there ever a dyno posted for this?? I am curious!
HERE YOU GO. READ BELOW \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

hey sorry no dyno yet!!! The weather in tulsa has been rain nonstop so doing a dyno day in 100% humidity would be pointless for me. I hear in early august all this is supposed to go away for a while so within the second or third week of august I am going to dyno.

skatefreak

sorry I have been pre occupied cause I bought a vortech and an intercooler so I'm working on a custome intercooled vortech windstar setup

shelby gt500

i just got my windstar upper done on my car and it feels like a new machine. I just need to get my IAC done so it will idle correctly but it is an amazing difference. mine is under a stock hood also using a TB i bought off 99v6red. I also had to machine down where the IAC was mounted on the windstar but it clears perfectly. I also had to grind the Hell out of the Heater line but it works lol

Duke

God
Has anyone ran this intake set-up on a non-stock motor? I wonder how a ported set of windstar/F150 intakes pare up against a set of ported intakes with ported heads on both.

emoney8924

BOOOOST
how much are u guys getting ur manifolds for? and r u getting them from junkyards. The jy near me is a rip off. He seems to wants hundreds of dollars for the smallest things.

but anyways, im planning on doing this to my car.. my buddy just bought an 06 rsx type-s, and he beats me by a good 3-4 cars, from a high roll.. just wondering where in the rpm u feel ur power difference with this manifold?

tsbpenguin

t-money
how much are u guys getting ur manifolds for? and r u getting them from junkyards. The jy near me is a rip off. He seems to wants hundreds of dollars for the smallest things.

but anyways, im planning on doing this to my car.. my buddy just bought an 06 rsx type-s, and he beats me by a good 3-4 cars, from a high roll.. just wondering where in the rpm u feel ur power difference with this manifold?

I got my manifold from a junk yard for $25. Had to pull it myself but took like 5 minutes.

Felt a MEDIUM difference low end, and a BIG difference high end.

shelby gt500

Ok it is official i LOVE my windstar upper. After driving with it the last couple days i have noticed better milage, MUCH better mid to top end perfomance and i noticed that the motor does not heat soak as much after driving for 2 hours i got out popped my hood and touched the upper it was barely warm. OK here is a pic of my set up.

Attachments

• intake pic.JPG
    intake pic.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 418

99v6red

v6 power baby
I love my windstar too. When I put it on it felt like a new car! I got mine for 35 with tbody, iac, and all the bolts I also pulled it my self. If you can do it I say go for it!

skatefreak

I got mine for 50.. there are barely any in tulsa... I'm glad my Write up could help all of you to realize how simple and effective this can be.. So EVERYONE ENJOY!

:)

03FR500

I'd Hit It
Crap, some of you got a deal on you intake. I paid $55 for mine and got only the intake, gaskets, and SOME of the bolts. Only one in the whole junkyard though. I didn't have mine on long enough to really give it a good evaluation. The Butt-o-Meter felt better mid and top end power though. The fact that it didn't heat up was nice too, I get to enjoy the same effect with my GT now haha.

TxStang420

Getting ready to install my windstar... It also fits under the Stalker hood btw. :thumbup:
P.S. I was another 3.8 member at the Mid-America meet. I actually PM'ed you (SkateFreak) a couple of times about going, but I ended up getting tied up with the in-laws...:thumbdown: Didn't race but definitely saw your pass, and can vouch for the humid 108* track temps...:crazy:

03FR500

I'd Hit It
i just got mine done and i dropped 3ths and gained 2mph so it's worth doing for sure

My biggest regret is not going to the track with the windstar intake on. Everyone I've heard from has droped atleast 3 tenths. Heck, I only dropped 4-5 tenths when I got gears, t-lock, and tune, and UDP (~$1000 worth of mods). You can do the Windstar swap for <$200 pretty much and get the same gains it seems.