Windstar Manifold How To: (Vortech Pics Page 5!)

emoney8924

BOOOOST
just a quick question.. i have a cobra r hood already, will the manifold fit without a spacer for the intake? and the IAC will absolutely not fit at all? thanks for the info guys, extremely helpful!!

96b.boy

two things i know will hit with out a spacer heater return hose wich you can cut off and fab around and your fuel press sensor .which your on your own there i'm a return system so i used the windstar rail .and as for the hood sure someone here knows

03FR500

I'd Hit It
I have a Cobra R hood and the IAC did not fit in the stock location. You will need to do a remote IAC set-up, easy to do.

emoney8924

BOOOOST
so for the remote, u just run it off to the side, block up to hole, and run some vac. line to it as far as i can see??

03FR500

I'd Hit It
You have to make a plate to mount to the IAC that has fittings for the in and out, run a line to the air intake (after the MAF), and the other line to the upper intake (Windstar). Lengthen the IAC wires and there you go.

Duke

God
Are you seriously going to have 360* worth of bending just to get it to the TB? Couldn't figure out a better way to do it?
I'd go with a different H/U with a different discharge location. Rotate it downwards and go forward into the IC, then into the windstar manifold.

punypony

Sleeper
either that or run the charge pipes through the firewall and put the windstar intake on backwards and intercool it w/ a water-air intercooler.

just like the real fast cars do :p

skatefreak

haven't quite got the piping figured out.. it will pobably go straight down and out through the passenger side then up to the throttle body from the driver side..

99v6red

v6 power baby
sweet! I'm working on my dp (dry) system for the windstar and the intercooler too. I got a 180 pipe off ebay for the blower i think it is going to fit due to the windstar. I cant wait to compare numbers. Good luck! :thumbup:

StangMod

Steven @ VAP Auto
have you guys looked into getting custom mandrell bent pipe? if you have a local shop that can do it it shouldn't cost much.

Silentst2000

This question might have already been asked in all of theses posts so I'm sorry in advance. I was wondering why people who are doing the windstar swaps are opting for this intake manifold instead of the newest ones on the freestar and f-150's?

skatefreak

Those you have to replace your lower manifold as well.. so more problems and money.. for a very very slight advantage..